All reviewsdrying roomgoatguest houselovely loungesbreakfast was excellentferry terminalwouldn't stay anywhere elseyogurthome made cakeslocal informationtea and coffeegreat hostsbrodick baycooked breakfastthe en suite bathroomguest loungeson arrival
Reviewed 14 May 2014

This is a great B&B, as we climbed the hill the wish was to have a good view. We were not disappointed with fantastic views across goat fell and out towards the castle.
Breakfast was excellent with good fresh food and excellent coffee, although we both had cooked breakfast there was also a fine selection of fresh fruits, cereal, yogurts etc. The rooms were comfortable, very clean and beds were made and room cleaned each day. The lounge areas were ideal, my wife had to work for a few hours and she took her laptop and worked away in the well decorated and comfy lounge where she helped herself to some of the free coffee. All in all a great wee place to stay, great wait staff and friendly owner with some great tips for eating out and travel around the island. Would recommend highly!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Peter K
Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

Partner and I stayed for two nights and it was perfect, we had bikes which were well catered for, the lounges were great for relaxing in, breakfast was good quality and the view from our room was stunning. Cannot recommend enough. Staff were really helpful and relaxed. Thank you.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 April 2014

I stayed two nights here in late April. While the room was clean and had everything I needed, it was very small, although it was classed as a double, and would have been uncomfortable with two of us. Everything was pretty basic. The staff were monosyllabic, not at all welcoming, breakfast was dull, and for this I had to pay £75 per night. One of the worst value for money stays I have ever had.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
gg'sArran, Owner at The Glenartney, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

I am very sorry this reviewer did not enjoy her stay at The Glenartney , unfortunately she did not speak to us while she was staying or upon check out so we can not now try to make her stay more enjoyable.

The guest booked a double at £82.00 via bookings.com.
Then she called me direct to say her friend had booked a single room direct with us for £62.
I explained I only have one single occupancy room , which her friend had booked and this can only be booked direct with us.

I am particularly upset by this review as I did reduce the room to £75 as a goodwill gesture but we still have to pay commission on the original price to bookings.com.

We are a three star guest house, we are not 4 star due to the size of our rooms which are cosy. We never hide this fact, just a little research on our website, bookings.com and trip advisor will highlight this! I would far prefer guests to know this before they book with us.

The reviewers group was very friendly and seemed to enjoy the lounges with the free tea, coffee and biscuits that are available for our guests. The lounge areas are perfect places to relax.

I really hope I am not monosyllabic with any of our guests but if I was I do apologise.

Our breakfast consists of cereals, porridge, toast , homemade marmalade, fresh fruit including figs, kiwi fruit, strawberries, grapes, melon and oranges. Ranges of yoghurts and a variety of locally sourced cooked food.
I do not understand how this can be bland, our breakfasts are always commented on as being excellent but were obviously unfortunately not to the reviewers taste

I am sure readers of the reviews will make a balanced judgement of The Glenartney by reading through some of our other reviews.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

We had a very nice Easter holiday on Arran. The Glenartney was a perfect place to stay: friendly atmosphere, good food, bed and location. The room was not very big, but that was told on the webpage. And you don´t have to stay in your room, because the open areas inside the house and in the garden are very nice to have a cup of tee and relax.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Eliisa K
Reviewed 16 April 2014

I brought my partner here for a birthday treat. We found The Glenartney very welcoming. Lovely room with super views. Breakfasts were delicious with plenty of choice, served by the ever smiling and friendly Anda. Packed Lunches and our flasks filled, we were all ready for some great days on Arran's hills.
Our Patterdale Terrier " Harry" was also made very welcome and even got her own sausage for breakfast each morning.
We would certainly recommend The Glenartney.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple