All reviewsdrying roomgoatguest houselovely loungesbreakfast was excellentferry terminalwouldn't stay anywhere elseyogurthome made cakeslocal informationtea and coffeegreat hostsbrodick baycooked breakfastthe en suite bathroomguest loungeson arrival
Reviewed 30 August 2014

My partner and I stayed for two nights at the Glenartney and loved it. The room was clean, tastefully decorated, great shower, all essentials, we were even able to pay to have a load of washing done which was returned to us hours after we dropped it off. Robbie and Angela were so knowledgeable about the area, gave great recommendations for eating out and sight seeing. The hotel has a very reasonably priced bar which you can sit and enjoy a tipple by the fire or outside in the sun. I would definitely return.

Reviewed 22 August 2014

Just returned from a two night stay at the Glenartney and would like to say thank you for making our short trip to Arran nice and relaxed. The room (#5 I think) was lovely, definitely cosy but this didn't bother us, it was beautifully decorated and had everything necessary for our short stay - very clean as well. The B&B was great value for money. The breakfast selection was good for both hot and cold meals. Would stay again and recommend to friends.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Myself and my partner just stayed for three nights here and have never been so gutted to go home! The room was lovely - warm, cosy and the comfiest bed, and the en suite was superbly clean. We genuinely slept the best we have for a very long time! There was a shared bathroom next door where I could have a bath if I wanted - it was also very clean. The breakfast was delicious and so generous I couldn't finish it, although my partner had no problem! On the third morning, they made me something that wasn't on the menu without batting an eyelid. The whole place was clean, tidy and comfortable with some really lovely touches, such as free tea, coffee and biscuits in the lounges with fresh milk available. We found the owners to be great - a warm welcome and then they were the perfect balance of always there but not at all overbearing. They are clearly highly organised - everything ready for a speedy check in and check out, weather reports printed out daily and plenty of information about the island readily available. The drying room was such a welcome addition - we went cycling and walking in the rain, and visited Holy Isle in torrential rain, but our trainers were dried quickly and efficiently more than once! Wifi was slightly unreliable but we were on holiday so it didn't bother us at all, and there was a blanket in our wardrobe that smelt of dog so we couldn't use it, but had we told the staff I am sure they would have changed it instantly - apologies we forgot to tell you but you know now so you can get it cleaned for the next guests! The Glenartney is in a great location for the ferry port and buses and has plenty of places nearby for a decent meal (particularly Fiddlers and the Brasserie) and we couldn't believe how much there was to do on the Isle of Arran - we are planning to return asap to go gorge walking and sea kayaking! Thanks for a fabulous stay Glenartney - see you again soon!

1  Thank Nic694
Reviewed 10 August 2014

have just enjoyed a lovely weekend break at the glenartney.cant fault this place,a warm welcome,spotlessly clean,very comfortable and breakfast was excellent.a nice cosy lounge to relax in ,you can help yourself to tea and coffe and it also has a bar if you are looking for something a bit stronger.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

this is our 2nd visit took the cycles and once again the welcome the food the rooms all wonderful the stunning views are breath taking breakfast first class and the room we had was perfect apart from the wi fi but it is a stone building will be back again a must for first time visitors our hosts were helpful in every way

Room Tip: rooms at the front have stunning views
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple