“"Fab hotel and excellent location" great for animal lovers also!”
Review of Ormidale Hotel

Ormidale Hotel
Ranked #6 of 16 Brodick B&B and Inns
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Well what can we say apart from it was just a great and very informal place to be! Just what you want when away from the rat race as they say! A family run business with great customer service which is rare these days! Had booked 2 rooms, both outstanding quality for what they say is a 2 star hotel? Absolutely spotless in bedrooms and without a doubt 3 or 4 star standard!! It was so dog friendly also which is great and so easy to eat in bar lounge at night without having to lock dogs in the car! This hotel deserves a 4 star rating at the least for it's excellent service, quality and cleanliness of rooms, through to it's location and food. We shall certainly return for a visit next year! all going well a bit longer also! Thank you Ormidale for a rather short but very enjoyable vacation!!

Room Tip: all rooms look outstanding, spotless
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank melanie a
There are newer reviews for Ormidale Hotel

Reviewed 7 July 2013

First time I've stayed here but certainly wont be the last. Loved the atmosphere of the place, the friendly bar staff, the food, the location.
I booked this as a last minute thing and was really just looking for a bed for a couple of nights while I done a bit of walking and chilled out a bit. The single room was quite small, but then again it was a single room. The decor of the room was bright, the room was clean and very comfortable including the single bed. (I'm over 6 foot).
It is a small hotel and I think that adds to its character, the staff were all great, the food was really good and all at a decent price.
Overall everything well surpassed my expectations considering the cheap price. If your looking for somewhere that will give you the true Arran feeling and experience then this is it. Need to book up again soon.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Marc B
Reviewed 18 June 2013

If you like a quirky hotel with good service, then you'll probably like the Ormidale. It's not luxurious but the beds are comfortable and the breakfast is good. At the present time, there are building works taking place in the hotel (in the downstairs' lounge). This shouldn't greatly affect your stay but it does affect the appearance of the building.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank Andrew J
Reviewed 21 April 2013

Did not stay here but visited for a drink which was really nice. The bar is small but cosey. Served by a pleasant bar man. A good place to spend an hour or two. Would be good in the summer to sit in the garden area.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank elamcg150
Reviewed 16 April 2013

While in Arran on a four day trip a group of us decided to dine out one evening so headed to the Ormidale as it was close to our accommodation, We phoned to book a table as there was going to be 10 or 12 of us dining. A very rude lady told me they didnt take bookings but they would fit us in. This was my first cause of concern as it was my responsibility to organise the night out for the group and I didnt want to turn up after a long day in the hills and not be able to get a table. After arriving I noticed that there was no need to book after all as the restaurant was completely empty other than my group. We should have left then! The waiter was very friendly and brought us menus to the table and then left us to go and get the drinks we had ordered (which then took 15 min to arrive) By this point we where starving so ordered our food. We then waited 20 minutes for two starters which where gone in seconds followed by another 35min wait for our mains. I would not mind waiting this long for food, however the quality of some of the dishes can only be described as horrendous and the meals arrived at all different times meaning that some of the group waited around 45 min to receive there food. To mention just a couple of issues we had with the food, the half roast chicken was bone dry with no grave to even try and cover up how over cooked it was. The satay burger was a greasy chicken burger served with a small dish of cold peanut butter stuffed into a stale breakfast roll the tagliatelle looked like it had been reheated in a pan full of dirty oil, as this was running out of it. As the group where all disappointed with there food I went to inform the waiter (I work in a restaurant my self and understand that things do sometimes go wrong) how ever he didnt seem at all concerned, when we asked for the bill I was surprised that we had been charged full price for all the meals even though 4 of the meals we ordered can only be described as inedible and had hardly been touched. I was very disappointed with the whole experience and would recommend everyone to dine else where while on Arran!!!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Lauren_Hughes90
Reviewed 13 February 2013 via mobile

Have been here before but never stayed our most recent trip last weekend we where introduced to Trevor (son in law of Tommy) what a great weekend night we had from pub quiz to just good old fashioned drinking at the bar.... Brilliant

• Stayed: February 2013
4  Thank mrmoog
Reviewed 27 January 2013 via mobile

You can't get better than the Ormidale for a family run bed and breakfast. The staff are very friendly and helpful, the rooms are comfortable and very reasonably priced, and the pub grub is fantastic. The atmosphere in the pub at night is relaxed and informal - just what you need after a day out and about. I've been back many times and will continue to do so.

• Stayed: January 2013
8  Thank Flapper46
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brodick
Auchrannie Resort
#1 of 2 in Corrie
Lamlash Bay Hotel
Lamlash Bay Hotel
#1 of 7 in Lamlash

Been to Ormidale Hotel? Share your experiences!