Auchrannie Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
The Kingarth Hotel(Kilchattan Bay)
  • Restaurant
The Waterside Hotel(West Kilbride)
Seamill Hydro(West Kilbride)
Lauriston Hotel(Ardrossan)
  • Breakfast included
3,834 results
All reviewsbrambles restaurantplay barncruize barscottish tapasleisure facilitiesspa treatmentssteam roomcouples packagesoft playthe main hotelcruise restaurantcountry house hotelchoice of restaurantsfirst classarran aromaticsexcellent facilitiesshort break
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 January 2013

I stayed here with my fiance, my sister and her partner and my parents from 18th to 20th January. We paid for the ferry inclusive package which included return ferry journeys, B&B as well as £20 per person per day towards dinner. Everyone agreed it was great value for money and we would not hesitate to return.

We stayed in the house hotel and received a warm welcome upon checking in together with information about the facilities, opening times and the surrounding area. We were also given a leaflet showing the discounts we could obtain at various places on Arran as a result of showing our hotel charge card.

We were all staying in the main house on the second floor and were shown to our room as it was a bit of a maze. However, even if we hadn't had assistance, the corridors were well signposted. The rooms were gorgeous. Large and very comfortable. Very smartly decorated and furnished and the bathrooms were stunning! Very modern and funky! We spent the afternoon in the Brambles bar sitting at the roaring fire and enjoying a lovely lunch and a few drinks. We were served by the barman who I'm sure was called Wynn (although not sure of the spelling). He was so incredibly friendly not just that day but throughout our stay. My sister and I later made use of the leisure club within our hotel which had limited opening hours (I think due to the time of year which was probably off peak). The pool was great for swimming and we really enjoyed the sauna and chatting to the other guests in there. The only disappointment was the lack of a jacuzzi to sit and gossip in! There was a turbo pool but it was just the same temperature as the pool and not quite as bubbly or hot as a jacuzzi.

We had dinner in Cruize that night which was excellent and some of us easily had 3 courses of delicious food within our daily allowance. The staff were again super friendly, especially the manageress who arranged for a bottle of wine from the Brambles wine list to be brought over even though it is not normally served in Cruize. We had breakfast in Cruize both mornings and there was plenty of choice and everything was really tasty. Our parents had breakfast in Brambles the first day as they were up and about early and preferred it there as the hot food was cooked to order. However, I had no complaints with the cooked breakfasts in Cruize. It is also nice to see a place that serves breakfast at the weekend until 11am. Means you can enjoy a long lie or use the facilities to work up an appetite first.

The following day, after a walk around Broddick (you must visit the cheese shop and the chocolate shop!) we used the leisure club facilities in the spa hotel which was a couple of minutes walk across the car park. The pool there was even better than in the house. Again no jacuzzi and the sauna was out of action but the steam room was working and the reception staff apologised about the sauna. They were also painting the corridors that day even though the place looked brand new - they obviously want to keep up high standards. My fiance and i later used the sports hall to play badminton and when we got fed up with that we were allowed to keep our time slot to shoot some hoops on the basketball court!

We had dinner in Brambles that night which was probably even better than Cruize (and that's saying something!). It is a seafood restaurant and I'm not keen on seafood but there were plenty other options. It is a bit more expensive than Cruize but well worth paying extra for. Everyone raved about their food and I only wish there was a Brambles where I live! Again Wynn was working that night and we had fun joking with him. Our waitress was also a lovely Hungarian girl who was so bubbly and friendly and had us in stitches. Every member of staff we met during our stay went out of their way to help and nothing was too much bother but a special shout out has to go to the aforementioned staff in Brambles as well as the manageress in Cruize and the waiter from New Zealand who was working on the Friday night there.

I honestly could not recommend this place highly enough. It is only 50 minutes from Ardrossan on the ferry and less than a five minute drive once you get off. The surrounding area is stunning (Goatfell looked particularly impressive covered in snow) and it is truly a place where you can do as little or as much as you like.

I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank laurells
Reviewed 24 January 2013

Had a one night stay in the Hotel. Picked up from the mainland ferry by the pre-arranged Hotel transport which was just as well because it was not situated where I thought it was!

Greeted by a friendly male receptionist, to whom all of my questions presented no problem, and escorted to my room. (Have not had this experience for a long time). Room well appointed and clean.

Next morning, absolutely stunning view from my room (11) and a good breakfast, from a refreshingly different menu - not just the usual breakfast fare - in the Brambles bistro. Waitress here was also exceptionally friendly.

Check out was smart and efficient with an emphasis placed on 'paperless' transaction - which didn't work to the obvious dismay of the receptionist. Full marks for thw effort though.

Didn't try any of the facilities but noticed there was a well attended aquarobics class ongoing in the swimming pool and everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves there. Fantastic Country House feeling and smell about the place. Will definitely go back and stay longer

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 January 2013

Have been a regular customer to the Auchrannie for a few years now. We keep coming back to Arran for the relaxing experience of getting away from it all on ther island. The atmosphere at Auchrannie makes it even better. Everything you could need for a short break is here, never mind everything else there is on the island.

Highly recommended!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view to the front of the Spa resort
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 January 2013

We own a couple of weeks at the timeshare holiday lodges (which are excellent) but recently stayed at the country house hotel for a short visit.
Auchrannie is a very comprehensive resort location with just about every facility you could want. There are holiday lodges, a country house hotel and a spa hotel and the facilities include two swimming pools, a sports hall, children's play barn, small shop and three restaurants. Charges may apply depending on the package you book so check the details. All the facilities are very clean and all the staff I have encountered have been friendly and helpful.
Arran is a lovely island with great scenery and lots of outdoor activities - if the weather is good you'll want to go out and explore but if not you can easily spend all your time at Auchrannie.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 January 2013

Lovely hotel. Food was lovely, local products at breakfast. Nice swimming pool. Free wifi. Short walk to arran cheese shop & arran aromatics which as a guest you get 10% off. Great for couples & familys.

• Stayed: January 2013