“october break” 5 of 5 bubbles

Lamlash Bay Hotel
Ranked #5 of 10 Restaurants in Lamlash
Cuisines: British, Pizza, European
Good for: Child-friendly, View, Kids, Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Italian themed restaurant newly refurbished with booths and comfy seating with views to seaside, serving hand made authentic Italian pizza and breads, salads and starters.New menu to be launched March 2010 to include steakhouse grill and local fine cuisine.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“october break”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

friendly staff lovely hotel our room had a great view to the holy isle
great food, good portions.very helpful and we will definately be back.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank greenkeeper406

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Good pizza and food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2013

For the area, this is good standard fare. Very good pizza made on site and tasty fresh fish and chips. Service was good, although a little under-staffed - worth a visit if you are nearby.

• Visited September 2013
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Lamlash Bay Hotel Bistro - Good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2013

Are here on the Bank Holiday weekend.
Food was good and I loved the Garlic Pizza Bread.
My wife had the Fish & Chips which was beautifully cooked.
This place is known for it's Pizza's and if my Garlic Bread was worth going by, then they will be excellent. Prices were good with us having 2 starters, 2 mains, coffee and a bottle of wine for @ £45.00. Recommend.

1 Thank A M
Lancashire
“Good, just a few issues.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2013

We have dined here quite alot. Our experience varies each time.

Bare in mind, it is boiling hot in this restaurant, as the pizza oven is in the restaurant itself. We asked twice if someone could open the windows, the first girl said yes & then walked out of the room. A different waitress opened them for us. Once the windows were open, we all cooled down slightly.

We asked for a toddler chair (toddler, not baby) - we were given a plastic babys highchair - the plastic tray didnt come off so once my daughter was in, we struggled to get her out! She started crying as her legs got stuck :(

Once she had got out of the chair in one piece & calmed down, a waitress brought a wooden toddler chair with no tray, so she could actually eat at the table with us - much better :)

I ordered garlic & chilli prawns - £6.50 (ish) quite pricey to say I got 5 prawns on my plate.
My fiancé ordered antipasti - it was swimming in oil.
I ordered the prawn linguine £10.95 - I asked for a lemon on the side, as I once had too much lemon in the pasta, I received a slither of lemon. The meal itself was quite good but way too over priced. A simple pasta dish for nearly £11?
My fiancé ordered the chicken version - £10.95 & he couldn't finish it. He said it was very sickly,
My daughter had a pizza which she finished.

The waitress who forgot to open the window, also forgot our drinks twice. But she may have been new.

It is a lovely restaurant, but not the best experience.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“would recommend”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2013

would definitely recommend booking a table for the early bird meal for a family. the set menu for the kids which included a drink and an ice cream was brilliant for them. the four adults in our group found that the menu had something to offer every ones taste. Everyone enjoyed their food and we'll definitely visit again.

1 Thank Kirsty N