Ivybank
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Lamlash
See available hotels
View Hotel
The Waterside Hotel(West Kilbride)
Lauriston Hotel(Ardrossan)
Seamill Hydro(West Kilbride)
View Hotel
The Kingarth Hotel(Kilchattan Bay)
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
All reviewsco opholy islandlovely viewwarm welcometwo nightsb boverlooking the seaa lovely place to staya great stayandrewbaxtercottageensuitehostsdogferryarran
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 September 2013

With wonderful views and very friendly hosts this was a great choice for my 3 night stay on Arran. My room was very comfortable with a lovely view over Holy Island.

Just to let you know that not all of the rooms are ensuite, so if this is important check when you book. I will say though that the shared bathroom was lovely and large and is very tastefully done.

Andy and Sherie are very informative and will certainly give you plenty of advice of what is available to do on the island.

Room Tip: If you want tea/coffee in the morning make sure you ask Sherie for milk before you go to bed.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Anika-Ruby
Ivybank2013, Owner at Ivybank, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2013

Hello Ian - thanks for your input. It was good to be able to swop notes with a fellow B &B'er, Sherie

Reviewed 13 September 2013

Andy is a wonderful host, friendly and providing useful local knowledge.His breakfast were spot on. Sherrie was working away, so he was holding the fort alone.
The view of Holy Island from the bedrooms and the garden were stunning in the wonderful sunshine we were fortunate to have during our stay.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank LadyBanbury
Ivybank2013, Owner at Ivybank, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2013

Glad Andy looked after you whilst I was away. It's a special location isn't it!....... Sherie

Reviewed 19 August 2013

We stayed in the cottage for 1 week and wished we had stayed for 2. It is such a beautiful and comfortable cottage and extremely welcoming owners Andrew and Sherri. They made us feel so very welcome. My granddaughter had a "ball", and loved Baxter. I would thoroughly recommend this self catering cottage for future travellers ... If I don't get in first!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Ivybank2013, Owner at Ivybank, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2013

Hello Ian - thank you for your input. It was good to compare notes between fellow B&B'ers, Sherie

Reviewed 25 July 2013

Visited Arran July 2013 my first visit to the island and researched, Tripadvisored where to stay and opted for Ivybank B&B. I phoned and Andrew and Sherie took the booking and said I could pay when I got there. I remember thinking how trusting is that but understood when I stayed there - doors are not locked on Arran. We had a wonderful 4 days in a pristine comfortable room with a mean breakfast to start each day. Andrew and Sherie are lovely hosts, they see to you very well,but are so not in your face and when I visit Arran again I will stay at the
Ivybank.

Room Tip: The dble and twin rooms face front - a view not to be missed.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank anniemac386
Ivybank2013, Owner at Ivybank, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2013

Hello Annie - thanks for your recommendation. You were fun guests and we look forward to your next visit....... Sherie

Reviewed 28 June 2013

We had decided to take a last minute trip the night before heading to Arran and didn't know where to stay. Out of all the places I researched, this was the best deal. I didn't know what to expect but was so blown off my feet when we arrived to town. The place had the best view out of any town (since we drove the whole island). Sherie and Andrew were wonderful hosts and made a delicious full Scottish breakfast. I can't believe how lucky my boyfriend and I were. I will stay here again and again and recommend it to anyone and everyone!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Ivybank2013, Owner at Ivybank, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2013

So glad you enjoyed your short stay - it was a pleasure having another "Sherie" in the house. Golf lessons next time!