“Sunday lunch overlooking the sea”
Review of Niarbyl Cafe

Niarbyl Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
South West England
“Sunday lunch overlooking the sea”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

We pre-booked our table for 6 on the upper deck overlooking the sea one Sunday lunchtime, went for a look around Peel then made our way back. Four of us had the Sunday roast which was a huge meal and lovely cooked meat and two others had fresh fish, which was also lovely. The Chef was very nice and came to chat to us after our meal and we were very well catered for and looked after. The view, despite the rain, was fantastic and we will be back.

Douglas, United Kingdom
“A good all round experience”
Reviewed 13 October 2013

We have been here several times, sometimes with visitors and other times with the children. Each time the food has been lovely, from a ploughmans lunch, to the burger with all the trimmings, I especially love the lemon and ginger cheesecake! We have been well looked after, the children are always catered for. Nothing was to much trouble and the scenery is beautiful. On a good day the Mourne Mountains can been seen so clearly they look only a few minutes away.
Well done niarbyl for sustaining good standards!

Harrogate
“Nice view, shame about the service”
Reviewed 12 October 2013

Went here for afternoon tea and ordered a cream tea which two of us were going to share. Took ages to arrive and when it did, it was very disappointing. The coffee was poor quality and although the cream tea was advertised as having clotted cream, what we got was some form of canned squirty cream which was very sweet and sickly, and certainly didn't taste fresh. When I complained, I was told very off handedly that they had run out of clotted cream. I pointed out that this should have been made clear when we ordered and that I didn't want it. Things then went from bad to worse when I found a hair in the milk jug. Although we weren't charged for the (non)cream tea, the attitude of the staff left a lot to be desired, and I certainly wouldn't recommend this cafe to anyone.

• Visited September 2013
“Great Sunday dinner”
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Took my daughter, daughter in law and grand kids out for Sunday lunch. The place was very busy busy, but yet still clean and tidy, the staff were very helpful, I felt that they would have done anything for us to feel at home. We had a great all round experience. We seem to have some special treatment as the waitresses were very busy so the chef took our order, and looked after us throughout our visit. I had the most amazing roast beef dinner, my daughter and daughter in law had the burger of which was massive and my granddaughter had a kids pizza of which wasn't on the menu but we were assured that it was ok. The owners should be very proud of their staff as the place seemed to be well run. Will certainly be coming back 10/10

Rugeley
“So good we went twice!”
Reviewed 22 September 2013

We didn't really have enough time on our first visit, and it was quite early in the day so the restaurant was quiet. It was so quiet that we couldn't find anybody at all at first, for the lady was cleaning the windows outside. It had been so windy the day before that the windows were all spray-splashed, and the lady explained that people go there for the view, so you have to be able to see through the windows. There was a pair of binoculars on the windowsill. We asked for hot drinks and bonnag, and were impressed with both. It was good coffee and beautifully presented bonnag, and it tasted good too. But we had to rush and catch a train, and said we'd be back. They take a pride in the place and in their food and obviously enjoy meeting their customers.
The next time we had more time and went for lunch, and they were very busy. There were regulars, a small coach party, casual visitors, all served promptly and with a friendly chat. We had chicken Caesar salad, crab cakes and the trio of desserts. It was all good, in fact the chocolate torte was droolingly good, and the coulis was lovely (I will have a go at it at home!)
To summarise: good food, nice people, clean windows!

• Visited September 2013