“Too busy or either overbooked”

Esk Valley Table Table
Ranked #5 of 7 Restaurants in Lasswade
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Using seasonal ingredients, Table Table - Esk Valley boasts a menu of traditional pub dishes. Varied sharing platters are served alongside tempting nibbles and British favourites. Hearty breakfasts are also available for early risers, while sensational desserts bring something sweet to the Table Table menu. Enjoy a glass of flavoursome wine or refreshing beer from the bar, or indulge in a classic cocktail in the snug and inviting pub restaurant.
Reviewed 11 July 2013

Hi there, I was here at table table with my family yesterday for dinner... I kept tellng my parents what a great little place it is.... and i was disapointed and so where my parents... They either didnt have enough staff on or they were over booked ...
Firstly we had to wait 5 mins to be seated normally its straight away .... looked at menu, The Waitress was soooooooooooo over the top with everything she was getting right on our nerves... Yes i know i'm moaning ,but good grief if you know who she is i think you might tend to agree with me ....
anyways, put in our orders, as only two of my party where having starters we had to wait at least 25 mins before our main courses came out after our starters had been eaten and took away.. My son and his girlfriend were wanting to go to the cinema for the 8.45 showing... baring in mind we went for 6pm and didn'd get our main till 7.05pm !!! the food is always nice i have to say... waiting on sweets was rediculous... another 20 mins passed and my mum was getting really angry at the lenght of time we had to wait for things.... she asked the waitress to get our sweets NOW ... and wow they appeared within 2 mins .....
Yes i would go back as i do like their food and atmosphere is nice and friendly, but whether i'd go back on an evening is doubtful after last night ... a Wednesday night at that ....

2  Thank vegasbaby174
There are newer reviews for Esk Valley Table Table

Reviewed 30 June 2013

We visit quite regularly and always find the staff friendly and efficient. Good selection own the menu and they always do deals which make it very good value for money great value for the kids as well.

Reviewed 20 June 2013

The staff were very nice and I stopped here after playing some golf. The view is okay but the cars are noisy since we are located right beside a main road. The food is pretty basic but okay. My chicken dish was dry and bland and did need more seasoning. However my husband loved his desert. I would return but I won't be rushing back.

Reviewed 13 June 2013

shame we didn't allow more time for the all you can eat as it was excellent and I could have eaten more!

Reviewed 28 May 2013

Went with my husband after work for a quick meal. We ordered the trio of breads which was quite obviously microwaved and had to be eaten quickly or it would have been solid it was getting chewy the longer it sat. I ordered a salmon salad and my hubby a burger. The salad was fab no added coleslaw or cheeses just salad and the salmon which was brill for calorie counting (no hidden cals). The burger was nice, not freshly handmade but nice anyway. Service was very good and Kevin our waiter was very pleasant. Prices were good for what we received.

1  Thank Kerry D