“Very average.” 3 of 5 bubbles

Esk Valley Table Table
Ranked #5 of 7 Restaurants in Lasswade
Cuisines: Bar, British
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, Kids, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Using seasonal ingredients, Table Table - Esk Valley boasts a menu of traditional pub dishes. Varied sharing platters are served alongside tempting nibbles and British favourites. Hearty breakfasts are also available for early risers, while sensational desserts bring something sweet to the Table Table menu. Enjoy a glass of flavoursome wine or refreshing beer from the bar, or indulge in a classic cocktail in the snug and inviting pub restaurant.
“Very average.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

Sorry not much to say for this resteraunt. The food was okay, the service was okay, price was okay. A bit bland,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Dalkeith, United Kingdom
“Pretty standard stuff.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

It's difficult to write a review for when you go somewhere that is just ok. Food was ok, service was ok and the surroundings are ok.

We tend to write reviews for when we rave about or hated places but sometimes, being ok is good. Would I go back? Probably not as the Melville is close by and had better food but If I was asked to meet friends there, I wouldn't mind at all.

• Visited October 2013
“Dreadful”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2014

Where to start. Had starter (awful) then waited 45 min before main(complaining twice). Part of both meals were missing. Salad was warmer than side dish & one of the meals. Neither meals were eaten. When complaining was told they were very busy & bar staff were apologetic blaming kitchen staff.
Will never eat there again. Vey very poor quality.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank DSWell
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“It was ok. nothing more.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014

My 17 year old son took me for Mothers Day, booked it all himself online as there was a promotion on Mothers Eat Free !!! Well they DO NOT unless you want to go AFTER 7pm ... when Mothers Day is nearly over ....
We chose the 2 courses for £11.99. Missed the starter and went straight for the Main, my Husband and I had Turkey Sunday Roast, Turkey wasn't the meat from a Fresh Turkey Bird ... it tasted more like the Turkey Rolls you buy Frozen, which I am sure it was .,... mashed Swede and Carrots together, cabbage, roast potato and Yorkshire pudding, I'm sorry to say I wasn't impressed.. My son had Hunter Chicken with Chips and Side Salad... we then had Sweet I had Cheesecake, Hubby and Son had Strawberry Sundae..
When the bill came it was then that we noticed mums didn't eat free till after 7pm..then when we got home my son said to me I have been charged too much, he never looked at the itemised bill....so I checked it for him, they charged us for 3 courses and not Two ... I telephoned them back to complain, we ended having to go back again for them to amend the bill....which I suppose they could have said it was too late now you have left the premises....Basically I was very disappointed with todays visit,...But I could never tell my son that.. it was his first pay packet he was able to treat his mum .... But... Mums CAN eat free every Sunday after 2pm !!!... these places really know how to rip off their customers in my opinion ....

• 2 of 5 bubbles
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Really slow service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2014

Went with 5 other friends, Pre booked the table in case it was busy, it was not too busy, but the service was a little slow, the time we met was 1.30pm. by the time we ordered and received are meal was 2.25pm !!! nearly one hour when we first sat down, I had to be away by 3pm, so as our meal took a long time to get to us I had to leave my party, which I wasn't too pleased about , as I felt that I needed to rush my lunch, and not able to stay longer , I thought 1.30pm would be a good time to go and still have plenty time with my friends before I had to leave at 3pm ...Mike who was our waiter was lovely and chatty, great personality,..