“fantastic yet again”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 8 August 2014

popped in last Friday for dinner and the new menu did not disappoint.. still great food, good value and cracking atmosphere...

1  Thank CaptainBiggles08
Adam B, Manager at The Laird and Dog, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2014

Thank you for leaving your feedback regarding your previous visit.

I will pass it on to the team to tell them how much you enjoyed your visit.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

Don't normally leave reviews usually complain at the time However I must say our time at The Laird was very enjoyable the staff helpful and very pleasant.Oh yeah the food was brill.A very pleasing experience will visit again.Thanks Adam for the advise ref busses

2  Thank David F

Thank you for leaving your feedback regarding your recent visit.

I will pass it on to the team to tell them how much you enjoyed your visit, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

We had a family meal here on Saturday night. The menu has changed since we were last there and there was a decent choice. I opted for the lamb rump steak which was tasty and well presented. Service was quick too.

The only negatives for me were; there was no option as to how we wanted the steak cooked - it came well done. And no steak knife either - surely these are basics for any restaurant. Also both drinks orders were wrong, and we had to ask if we could order deserts 20 minutes after our main course was finished.

Apart from that the food was good and not overly priced.

Adam B, Manager at The Laird and Dog, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

First off, Thank you for the positive feedback. Secondly, i do apologize for any disappointment you experienced. I have taken your points on board and will look to see that improvements are made where needed.

Thanks again, and we hope to see you back at the Laird soon.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

Just back from having a meal in this restaurant. What a disappointment. We were greeted by a very dour waitress who obviously does not like her job. Menu looked very good and to be fair my meal was nice. My mum ordered steak pie and could not eat it as it was too salty. When we told the very disinterested waitress she just said she was sorry. My sister didn't get the onion rings which were supposed to be served with her meal. My Dad found a hair on his dessert. When we were paying the bill the waitress asked if everything had been ok with our meal. We told her again about the salty steak pie and that my dad had found a hair in his dessert and she again said she was sorry - end of. There was no mention of letting the kitchen staff know and had she actually looked like she cared it may not have been so bad. I wouldn't recommend visiting this restaurant again.

Adam B, Manager at The Laird and Dog, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2014

Firstly, I wish to apologize for the level of service and quality that you encountered during your recent visit to the Laird, I will be taking the matters that you high lighted in your review with the team that were on duty that night.

I would appreciate if you could contact me directly so that we can discuss the matters further.

Thanks for taking the time to let us know your views.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Don't normally leave reviews for anything, I say it as it is at the time. Everywhere you go what one person likes the other hates. Been to the L & D over the years and yeah have seen it change but I cant fault it.
Was there yesterday with 2 elderly aunts and we had a fantastic meal. Adam and Allan couldn't have been more helpful, food was great... what more do you want.
Don't moan about it on here, say at the time if your no happy with something, moaning about it on here is like shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted... not really a lot the staff/manager can do the next day or the week after.
Will be back.. soon

Adam B, Manager at The Laird and Dog, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Thank you for the positive feedback regarding your visit to the Laird, positive feed back is great to hear about and I will pass your comments onto the rest of the team.