“Good food, decent atmosphere ” 4 of 5 bubbles

The Laird and Dog
Ranked #2 of 7 Restaurants in Lasswade
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub, Scottish
Good for: Local cuisine, Groups, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, Bar Scene, Kids
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Thornton-Cleveleys
“Good food, decent atmosphere ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Had a meal here last night, a Saturday night. We had the muscles and the steak pie and we were both very satisfied. Price was what you would expect and service was fine.

If I was to be critical then whilst the waitresses were efficient, they did seem a little fed up; but maybe that was just me!

We sat in the conservatory which was a very comfortable place to eat.

Overall a nice meal, good beer and good atmosphere.

1 Thank ERBThornton
Adam B, Manager at The Laird and Dog, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Thanks for you feedback regarding your recent visit to the Laird, we are glad you enjoyed it.
I will pass the feedback onto the team that were working on the night of your visit.

Once again

Thanks

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Wee local gem ...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

We dined here on 07.08.14, we had previously been a few years back but what a transformation the Laird&Dog has had. The waitress/waiter were both polite and attentive, the menu had a variety to suit different tastes - for mains; my dad had the haggis neeps and tatties, my partner had a gourmet burger and Chips and my mum and I had the chicken balmoral with chips (instead of potatoes- we asked to change) and broccoli. Everyone of us enjoyed our meal and couldn't fault a thing - DELICIOUS! We did ask to move tables as we were sitting in the conservatory, I'm quite pale skinned and I was getting sunburn! The waiter made no deal of us moving and said yeh just where ever you'd like ... Once moved we had pudding; dad-lemon tart, partner-chocolate fudge cake and my mum and me - cookie stack I swear there wasn't a drop left on any of our plates. Honestly try it for yourself I'm sure it won't disappoint!!!

Visited August 2014
1 Thank ca231209
Adam B, Manager at The Laird and Dog, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Thanks for leaving the great feedback regarding your last visit.

It is always good to hear our Guests views and I will pass on your feedback to the team.

Thanks
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“fantastic yet again”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

popped in last Friday for dinner and the new menu did not disappoint.. still great food, good value and cracking atmosphere...

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank CaptainBiggles08
Adam B, Manager at The Laird and Dog, responded to this review, 10 August 2014
Thank you for leaving your feedback regarding your previous visit.

I will pass it on to the team to tell them how much you enjoyed your visit.

Sandbach, United Kingdom
“Excellent place to stay and eat”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

Don't normally leave reviews usually complain at the time However I must say our time at The Laird was very enjoyable the staff helpful and very pleasant.Oh yeah the food was brill.A very pleasing experience will visit again.Thanks Adam for the advise ref busses

• Visited August 2014
2 Thank David F
Adam B, Manager at The Laird and Dog, responded to this review, 10 August 2014
Thank you for leaving your feedback regarding your recent visit.

I will pass it on to the team to tell them how much you enjoyed your visit, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Midlothian, United Kingdom
“Not bad....”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

We had a family meal here on Saturday night. The menu has changed since we were last there and there was a decent choice. I opted for the lamb rump steak which was tasty and well presented. Service was quick too.

The only negatives for me were; there was no option as to how we wanted the steak cooked - it came well done. And no steak knife either - surely these are basics for any restaurant. Also both drinks orders were wrong, and we had to ask if we could order deserts 20 minutes after our main course was finished.

Apart from that the food was good and not overly priced.

• Visited July 2014
Adam B, Manager at The Laird and Dog, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
First off, Thank you for the positive feedback. Secondly, i do apologize for any disappointment you experienced. I have taken your points on board and will look to see that improvements are made where needed.

Thanks again, and we hope to see you back at the Laird soon.