“Publicity attracts visitors who expect you to be OPEN”
Review of Moray Art Centre

Moray Art Centre
Ranked #7 of 8 things to do in Findhorn
More attraction details
Owner description: Moray Art Centre is an eco-designed, purpose built Arts Centre, based on the Findhorn coast, North East Scotland and aims to provide a stimulating environment for visual arts education and appreciation.
Reviewed 7 January 2013

Being very interested in the illustration of children's books I chose to visit 'The Illustrators' exhibition at Moray Art Centre when a friend with similar interests was visiting fron France. MAC had received a visit from Princess Anne and put out a lot of publicity about this allegedly prestigious exhibition. We drove the thirty five miles from Cullen to Findhorn on a Saturday afternoon (05 January 2013) in eager anticipation only to find the Centre completely closed. The door proudly announced that MAC was to be found on Trip Advisor so I am taking the opportunity to say here that I don't believe that a Saturday afternoon during the week that holiday lets in the area have their highest occupancy rate of the whole year is the time to deny the public access to such events.

3  Thank Pierce R

Reviewed 28 May 2012

Great little Arts centre,in the middle of the unusual Findhorn Foundation eco village...visitors are welcome here,there is a visitor centre, a shop.... and there are tours around the eco village, and a beach to walk to. We went for a coffee and cake at the village cafe, and I had the best almond croissant in the known universe! I asked (of course)..... apparently made by a french chef who has a place in Nairn.
Wonder if I could visit once a week, after all it's only a 600 mile round trip!
Have a mosey around if you are a closet (if a little ancient) eco warrior like me, see what's on in the gallery, and chill out for a while.

3  Thank marmiter