“Not very Scottish”

Ranked #4 of 11 Restaurants in Fochabers
Price range: US$4 - US$20
Cuisines: Scottish
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: The Baxters Highland Village offers a variety of speciality shops, stocked with a wide range of Baxters and Audrey Baxter range of food products, speciality foods, clothing, cookware and gifts. George Baxter's Cellar Shop stocks all of the Baxters food range, made here in Fochabers. A wide choice of branded foods sourced from around the world are also available, including many wines and a fine range of whisky. A haven for the enthusiastic cook, Mrs Baxter's Cook Shop is full of practical items for the kitchen. A selection of fine clothing and accessories are on offer in the Coat and Swagger Shop. A trip to Baxters wouldn't be complete without a visit to our restaurant, where a sample of delicious Scottish fayre is served, including Baxters famous soups, pancakes fresh from the griddle and home baked pastries, in a relaxed and friendly environment.
Reviewed 12 August 2014

We went out of our way to visit here in the hope that we could get some Baxter's soup for lunch. At 2pm, they had run out of two of the soups on offer and all they had was French Onion. I know about the Auld Alliance but a bit of Scotch Broth would not have been out of place. When I asked for a baked potato, the response from the very sullen pancake maker was 'nae tatties, eh can dae a panini'. If I hadn't been Scottish, I would never have understood her - I failed to comprehend the fact that they had run out of potatoes.
A very poor representation of all that should be wonderful about Scotland.

1  Thank CamberleyNel
Andrew T, Manager at Baxters Highland Village, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Dear Customer,

Many thanks for taking the time to give us your feedback regarding your recent visit to Baxters Highland Village.
I am very sorry that you did not find the soup that we had on offer to your liking. We change our soups daily as we aim to offer the full range of Baxters soup recipes over a period of time to allow our customers to try our differnet varieties.
I must point out that we had been very busy over the lunch peroid and we were in the process of preparing more soup and baked potatoes in the Kitchen, that would have been available very soon.
We always aim to deliver a high standard of customer service, and your feedback is very important to us.

We do hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

I have been to Baxters several times while visiting family in the Highlands. Always try to stock up on the fantastic wares on sale in the shops. I have always given the pancakes a wide berth having not liked any I have had from other places and instead had the Cullen skink. This time around though I decided to join the other 6 in my party and ordered one with ice cream and toffee sauce............well what can I say it was well worth all the hype my family had been giving it.
My only problem now on return visits is I have a choice to make, and I'm no good at choices, oh well will just have to visit twice each time I'm up there.

Andrew T, Manager at Baxters Highland Village, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Dear Andy,

We are very pleased that you and your family enjoyed their time with us, and managed to stock up on some goods from the shops. We are also delighted that you sampled one of our famous pancakes, they are a very popular choice, we are happy you enjoyed it.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Stopped off for lunch yesterday. Great choice of food and reasonably priced. Lovely food and very welcoming atmosphere.

Dear Kirsty,

We are delighted that you enjoyed your time with us in particular your visit to the restuarant.

We do hope to be welcoming you back very soon.

Kind regards,
from all of us at Baxters Highland Village.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Went several times and loved it, but mistimed one day and very challenging for staff to cope. Excellent food and lovely shop.

Andrew T, Manager at Baxters Highland Village, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Dear Customer,

We can get very busy especially when we receive a visit form a coach party, we aim to be as efficient as possible so that we can serve everyone in a timely manner.
We a very pleased to see that you have visited us on numerous occasions and that you have enjoyed your time with us.

We do hope to be wleocming you back very soon.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

I have had the soup and brad, pancake and scones and they were lush. Luckily I live nearby so can visit often. Lots of parking, lovely shops...especially at Christmas, friendly staff and lovely scenery, overlooking the Spey. This is particularly beautiful during the autumn.

Andrew T, Manager at Baxters Highland Village, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2014

Dear Customer,

Many thanks for taking the time to give us your feedback regarding your recent viist to Baxters Highland Village.
We are very pleased that you enjoyed your day with us, and had a great overall experience. It is good to see that you are able to visit us reguarly too.

We do hope that we will be welcoming you back very soon.