“a real high tea”

Price range: US$4 - US$16
Cuisines: British
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Description: Christies Garden Centre has much to offer. Gifts, lifestyle, Childrens Toys, clothing, gardening and plants. Our latest new attraction is our Play Garden, open during the spring and summer, is a huge hit with our younger visitors. Our restaurant offers a large selection to suit everyone, from Soup and sandwiches to hearty homecooked meals made with locally sourced ingredients. Our homemade cakes, baked daily on our premises are just delicious. Sunday High Teas are also available between 4.00pm and 6.00pm.
Reviewed 18 July 2013

On holiday again for 2 weeks staying in Port KNOCKIE we always make a point of having high tea here in Christies Garden Centre all 7 of us.

A smashing meal large choice on menu for adults and children plenty meat &veg with toast and scones and cakes

1  Thank aidancameron

Reviewed 18 July 2013 via mobile

The only good thing about our visit was the play area for the kids.
I found the food to be very expensive, £4.95 for a kids box and when I looked at my receipt I noticed I had been charged for their juice. After querying this I was informed they were included in price but are charged seperate for their "stock numbers", fair enough but this should have been explained when I was paying to save confusion. The boxes had no selection, it was quavers, a fudge, a yogurt, ham or cheese sandwich and a juice!!! A choice of fruit as an option would have been fab, my kids love is their fruit. I also asked for a toastie which came out as a sandwich, after saying it was a toastie it i ordered it was returned to me as a toastie but clearly the sandwich had just been stuck under the grill to toast it!!!! The staff seemed like they "didn't want to be there" especially the girl who made our coffees, Alix I think her name was, she never spoke and we got no smile or eye contact! I work in a hotel and if I had been seen to come across in this way I would be pulled up for it! A smile costs nothing neither does a hello.
After our poor lunch we took the kids outside to the play area which was great!! BUT I must point out if you are disabled and use the toilet and need to pull the red record for help no one will come!!! My 4 yr old daughter pulled it twice and no one appeared at all, yes it was by accident she pulled it but how did the staff know that!! They still should have checked to make
sure no one needed help!!!
I would only recommend Christies for the children's play area not to eat in the restaurant!!!

4  Thank AnElginQuine
Reviewed 16 July 2013

Food was lovely, fresh and tasty. Outside seating area was great, outside door was open and no sign dogs were not allowed. We took ours into the outside area (no where near the inner restaurant) only to be told from a member of staff they were not allowed, but there is no singage up to state this!!

1  Thank Lj M
Reviewed 13 July 2013

While visiting the new play area this weekend my son bumped his mouth on a steering wheel while on one of their cars.he had knocked his front teeth,with blood running from his mouth he was asked to leave.was not offered any first aid (even a tissue) from any of the 4 members of staff he passed on way out.later this resulted in my son loosing both top front teeth.im shocked no one offered him help,my husband left with both boys and attended to him in the car.wont be visiting again after this.

4  Thank Mummy2414
Reviewed 9 July 2013

This garden centre has a wonderful restaurant with a wide selection of food to suit all ages and wallets. Very efficient staff.

Been to Teapots Restaurant? Share your experiences!