“Sunday Trip”

Price range: US$4 - US$16
Cuisines: British
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Description: Christies Garden Centre has much to offer. Gifts, lifestyle, Childrens Toys, clothing, gardening and plants. Our latest new attraction is our Play Garden, open during the spring and summer, is a huge hit with our younger visitors. Our restaurant offers a large selection to suit everyone, from Soup and sandwiches to hearty homecooked meals made with locally sourced ingredients. Our homemade cakes, baked daily on our premises are just delicious. Sunday High Teas are also available between 4.00pm and 6.00pm.
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Took my mum out for trip to Garden Centre and Shop as she had not been for a number of years and is in the process of doing garden at her new house. We had lunch and landed lucky, no queue and served at tills quickly. It was busy hence was quite noisy even in the quiet area. My only complaint would be that our Lattes were tepid but I find this happens a lot these days with the use of machines. Food was slow in coming out of kitchen but was good quality and I love the Spinach wraps.

Samantha D, General Manager at Teapots Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Thank you for your feedback and comments. Our coffee machines are set to a particular standard by the supplier and the engineers. Unfortunately we are unable to set the temperature any higher as this spoils the milk and burns the fresh ground coffee beans, which i am advised would make the coffee bitter tasting. Once again, thank you for your comments and i hope we can welcome you back again.

Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

Dreadful. 1st waited ages for a cake while staff member ignored us and carried on doing whatever was more important than serving a customer. Then when went to pay nobody at the till. When asked an open mouthed member of staff if I could pay was told they were waiting for change. Not good enough. My complaint to them was ignored. Won't b back.

3  Thank Sinverurie
Samantha D, General Manager at Teapots Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Firstly I am sorry that you feel you have not received the level of service that you deserve and your complaint will be looked into. Any comments that our customers have are directed to me and responded to personally, this is the first I have heard of this issue, therefore i am surprised to read that your complaint was ignored.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

went in for a cuppa today around 3.30, only to find a young lady brushing the restaurant.then an elderly couple came in and went to sit at a table and, she continued to sweep round and under there table. would have thought that was something you do when the restaurant closed.

1  Thank junenray2003
Samantha D, General Manager at Teapots Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Thank you taking the time to comment on your experience and quite rightly. I am very sorry that you did not feel relaxed in our restaurant and can only apologize. Your comment has been passed onto our Front of House Manager to assist in improving customer service and awareness in her team.
Once again, please accept my sincere apologies and i hope we can welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

I thought Christies would of been a pleasant experience for myself and my family over this holiday season. Obviously I was ubruptly mistaken, where to start..........

1) Didn't have to queue, but still had to wait until one of the four members of staff stopped talking behind the servery and realised I was visible.

2) Yes we were able to find something suitable to eat. But oh my GOODNESS the prices of kids drinks is day-light robbery! £1.25! So my kids drank the free glasses of water instead.

3) Lady at the till in whom I believe is the manager needs to take a lesson in smiling! WOW she had a face like thunder. She does not look pleasant.

4) The place wasn't that busy, but yet the food took 50min to arrive! All I could hear was laughing and giggling from the kitchen.

5) When leaving we attempted to make a complaint with the Glaswegian lady and although she was "trying" to be nice she was useless and patronising. She spent more time with her mouth open catching flies than actually being useful!

Although we make regular trips up to Fochabers, I can 100% guarantee we shall not be back.

1  Thank Geoffrey M
Samantha D, General Manager at Teapots Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to make a comment, although i am very disturbed by the personal comments that you have made regarding my staff. In particular the lady in your final comment, who, as can be read about on previous trip advisor comment as being very attentive and friendly.

Please be advised that i will personally look into you comments, but to assist me i will require more information, therefore if you would be kind enough to contact me personally at samantha@christiesoffochabers.com and i will be only too happy to deal with your complaint.

Thank you again.

Reviewed 9 April 2014

Went for lunch with family, although we had to queue to order and the substantial dining room was packed which is only testimony to how popular it is. The food was hot and tasty, service was good. Menu is plentiful if a little basic, plenty of homely favourites. Lots of space, for those with mobility problems and loads of parking just outside. Would recommend this for anyone to visit restaurant and shop/garden centre. Excellent day out.

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your visit. I am very pleased that your experience was good and hope that we can welcome you back in the future. We are constantly working on our service and offerings and therefore use all comments constructively.

Thanks again

Sam Dowdall

Been to Teapots Restaurant? Share your experiences!