“Excellent fish supper”

Fochabers Chip Shop
Ranked #1 of 11 Restaurants in Fochabers
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

Don't often go to chip shops, but my son said he'd like one. So ordered him a take away haddock supper, which he shared with his sister as it was a huge portion. Really crispy batter on the fish and so tasty, there was a lot of chips which was cooked perfect. Was really busy when we were in but staff seemed well organised and efficient. No complaints at all. Would return for a fish supper any time!

1  Thank Yvonne C

Reviewed 1 August 2014

As bit of Chip fan I like to find a good chippy. In Devon where I am from we have some of the best chippys in the world (and the worst). So far the major feature of Scottish Chippers has been small portions, (compared to Devon) which is dissapointing as chips are cheap to make and it is a bit mean to leave your customers hungry. Fochabers Chip shop portions were a bit bigger than most, so that was a good start. They cooked everything fresh to order, which is also good.
The quality of the chips was incredible, large fat chips, crunchy on the outside, fluffy in the middle, not greasy. The best chips I've ever eaten. (thats a big statement coming from me, I've eaten a lot of chips in my life).
The fish was a decent size, with nice crunchy batter, moist, firm and not overcooked fish inside.
I'll be back.
The only improvement would be a few more chips. Which maybe says more about me than the portion size as you should note that the three large blokes who were with me on this mission for fish and chips were full on their portions...

1  Thank Fat_trannie
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Used to find this chip shop one of the best in Moray for quality and generous serving of fish and chips. However on more than one occasion I have been very disappointed with the 1) quality and size of fish and the 2) reduced portion of chips(more generous portion chips under previous owner). Staff are very friendly.I am a local resident and will unfortunately not be returning! Remember Fochabers is now bypassed and passers by may drive past without stopping if quality and value for money is not sustained.

1  Thank fochabers12
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Anyone who has given this place a good review must be either friends or family of owners. The truth is this place has no right to be classed as a chip shop a greasy joes cafe would be a better name. Bad mannered staff unclean floor and cold food. If you want a decent chippy experiance this isn't the place for you

3  Thank m0aningminny
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Convenient. tasy. good value. excellent choice. Friendly staff. very clean. Phone in orders available. Always busy. Offers such a wide choice.

1  Thank RUTH L

Been to Fochabers Chip Shop? Share your experiences!