“Fabulous chippy”

Fochabers Chip Shop
Ranked #1 of 2 Quick Bites in Fochabers
Reviewed 30 March 2024 via mobile

Went to this establishment on Mon 25th March 2024 seen loads of awards for excellence on their walls had a fish supper and black pudding supper both were outstanding will definitely return

Date of visit: March 2024

Reviewed 19 September 2023 via mobile

Staying in the area and fancied a wee chippy. Ordered two haddock suppers. £9.15 each.
Fish cooked to order, few people standing about waiting on their orders.
10 mins wait then we got ours...back to the digs. Fish was stunning, so fresh and with a crispy batter. Chips were good too and a wee tub of tartar sauce as well.
Delish.....

Date of visit: September 2023
Reviewed 11 August 2023

This was my least favorite fish and chip shop in Scotland. I was there for 2 weeks, in Edinburgh and then Inverness, taking tours almost daily. The fish was very greasy, and fried in beef fat - which is not great if you don't eat beef and that's why you went to a fish shop. The chips were very average.

Date of visit: August 2023
1  Thank sabramarie
Reviewed 2 July 2023

Normally good but disappointing today. Food cold, probably because they realised they got the order wrong and had to take the bits apart to amend it.

Date of visit: July 2023
Reviewed 4 May 2023 via mobile

Wish I looked at the reviews first

Gets cooked as you wait which is good ,

Silly setup to pay all back to front that was the quick part only 3 people in front of me but it took forever ever to get my order cooked glad I had my phone to watch a video while waiting

It said the fish was 7 oz not the one I got it was more like 4 oz with lots of watered down batter poor quality fish when the fish markets are just along the coast.

Big question would I go again no I would not