“Disappointing evening meal, poor value for money”
Review of Mosset Tavern

Mosset Tavern
Ranked #1 of 39 Restaurants in Forres
Price range: US$8 - US$18
Cuisines: Seafood, Scottish, British
Good for: Bar Scene, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Mosset Tavern is a family orientated pub restaurant in the heart of Forres, ideal for the whisky trail. Large parties welcome. Plenty of parking. Large function suite catering for all types of functions especially weddings. We offer a tasty lunch, dinner, vegan, group and children's menus. There are 6 real pumps, over 100 malts and superb choice of cocktails and Scottish gins.
Reviewed 27 June 2018

My wife and I ate here last night. As always the place was busy, and again as always the staff were pleasant and helpful. My wife had the scampi and I had the chicken. Sadly both plates lacked something. The number of pieces of scampi is the diner’s choice but the accompaniments were poor. With my chicken - which was very tasty - I had Cole slaw and chips. Again the quantity was disappointing. I would rate the food overall as nice and tasty but the overall dining experience was impacted negatively by the meagre portion sizes. In our opinion not good value for money. Very disappointing.

2  Thank sanmac19
Gordon B, Owner at Mosset Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2018

Dear Sanmac19,

Thank you for visiting us and for your review. Sadly it would seem that on this occasion we failed to meet your approval, for which I,m truly sorry. I'm genuinely stuck for words as you've commented negatively on both of our top selling dishes. Usually any criticism is that our portions are too large so to read your views are bewildering. Both meals arrived exactly as stated they would in the menu description and considered by most as tasty, honest pub food with plenty of it!

As a team we will continue to keep an eye on the portions and ensure consistency. I do hope we can welcome you again.

Thanks again
Gordon

Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

Had a great meal on texmex night. Plenty choices. Large helpings, lovely food. The staff are friendly and helpful. Hope they do this again. I had the chicken sizzler and my husband had enchiladas.we also had nachos for starters and my husband had a sweet which we shared. Would definitely recommend.

Reviewed 23 June 2018

...to find as good a pub as this locally, or dare I say it in Scotland. Service is outstanding from a clearly well-trained crew. Lounge/Dining room well appointed, food at a reasonable price, and 5 well-chosen real ales available in the public bar. WiFi throughout. A class act! Thanks folks!

1  Thank RGOL44
Reviewed 21 June 2018

we were disappointed with this restaurant. the staff were friendly and the place is clean and bright but the food disappointed and so did the price

2  Thank Gordon G

Thank you for your review. Any specific feedback would be very helpful and most welcome to improve our offering.
Kind regards

Gordon

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

Great food & plenty of it reasonably priced been a few times before always busy that's a sign of a good restaurant