“Good food poor cleaning”

Brodie Countryfare Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 34 Restaurants in Forres
Cuisines: Cafe, British, Scottish
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Drinks, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Validated Parking, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Inverness, United Kingdom
“Good food poor cleaning”
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Had a coffee and cheese scone there today, both excellent, service OK, restaurant fairly quiet, plenty of staff. However the carpet in the restaurant was absolutely filthy, tables were also dirty. Carpet in a restaurant is unusual, and this is why, the whole place needs a deep clean, debris all over the floor does not create a good impression, and surprised, in light of previous reviews, that this has not been dealt with. Would love to return, but might have a look before selecting anything to eat.

• Visited March 2014

“Rather Ordinary”
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Went for Sunday Lunch and found it rather ordinary. I did get a large portion of meat admittedly, but it just wasn't exciting or overly tasty. Plates seemed a bit small, although that is maybe just me. The cleanliness of the table area wasn't that great either, not helped by the fact it was so busy I don't think the staff could really keep up.

It just doesn't have any wow factor at all..... and isn't even close to the service and food available at a similar type stop....House of Bruar down the A9.

I wont go again to eat, and even the shop just lacks some wow factor.

• Visited March 2014
Berkshire, United Kingdom
“Good Sunday lunch”
Reviewed 24 February 2014

We had a Sunday lunch here recently while in the area visiting family. It is more of a cafe than a restaurant as it's self-service rather than table service. It was really busy on the day we went and not very relaxing as everyone was so crammed in. I can't say I'd go on a Sunday again but the food was good - nice roast beef (bit more done than I like but they were probably playing it safe) with decent al dente veg. The children had pasta, which seemed fine, but nothing special. I think the prices are probably a little high for what you get, especially as it's self-service and there is little atmosphere but with a lack of other eateries in the immediate area, I would recommend it to others (but beware of Sundays!).

• Visited February 2014
“Wonderful”
Reviewed 19 February 2014 via mobile

I lived nearby for 5 years and trips to Brodie were regular if not weekly! The restaurant is hit and miss but I found that it was a success more often than a failure. Food is tasty good portions and good value.

I would recommend the shops for local produce (the raspberries and strawberries when in season are the best I have ever had) I loved the local beer and beef jerky and would suggest you try these.

Going back for another visit in August and will be taking the missus

Inverness, United Kingdom
“Worth a visit, like Bruar but I would say more expensive vs value”
Reviewed 15 February 2014

I do take the good lady to Brodie every now and then. It's the kind of place she loves. We went for the sales, but I have to say that the prices were still quite high on the clothing considering it was a sale. The food was ok, but when I have cullen skink, I do expect some fish - it was tasty enough though. There is a good variet of clothing and arty stuff there, but I think Bruar tops it very easily. The food section is not bad at all, and the fudge is our kids favourite. Overall, worth a couple of hours or so

• Visited January 2014