“Take winter woolies...it is freezing in here!”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Simply Red - CLOSED

Simply Red
Cuisines: British, Seafood, Spanish, Scottish
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Situated in the heart of Forres, Scotland, where you'll receive a very warm welcome. Simply- Selecting the finest produce our dishes are cooked with flair and passion.R.E.D - Relax, Eat, Drink in our beautiful ambient surroundings.
Inveraray, United Kingdom
“Take winter woolies...it is freezing in here!”
Reviewed 20 December 2013

Just the two of us on a busy saturday (well, busy everywhere else!). Very pleasant waitress and very helpful but oh gosh....what a wait for the food and then not worth the wait. Macaroni very salty. Liver barely cooked and had to be sent back. The restaurant itself is nicely decorated but could do with some heating....we were freezing the whole time we were there. Not worth the money, not worth the wait.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Cal26_11

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Great food, great service”
Reviewed 14 December 2013 via mobile

Had a lovely meal here one lunchtime. We enjoyed it so much that we booked for the following week and had a very nice dinner with family. The food is presented well, the portions are generous, it's very tasty and the staff are polite and friendly. Don't think you can ask for more. Highly recommended.

• Visited November 2013
glasgow
“nice food”
Reviewed 30 November 2013

this is a good place for lunch - nicely presented, good staff, and the puddings are to die for. I hate the slates and breadboards rather than plates and feel for the poor waiting staff who are burdened with such difficult things to carry, but then that is just a personal thing. It is by far the best place in Forres for lunch just now.

Visited November 2013
Forres, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Gold pot at the end of the rinbow”
Reviewed 17 November 2013

My wife and I had a meal here when we stumbled across it one day trying to find somewhere to park. We had recently moved to Forres and had no idea where anything was. We parked behind Simply Red and decided to go in, best decision of the day! The food was excellent and the service was even better!

All in all a perfect visit - makes forres even more lovely to live in!

• Visited December 2012
Elgin, United Kingdom
“Overall, a good bit above average!”
Reviewed 10 November 2013

I must start by saying im not usually one to bother with writing reviews, however, after reading one of the prior reviews in particular I felt the need to comment. Firstly, I am almost certain that I was seated next to the table who made the comments about bonfire night. We arrived slightly later than we booked for due to watching the fireworks. We were warmly welcomed and told not to worry as most of the tables were running late for the same reason. The big table beside us (who I believe may have written the earlier review) I must say I have a degree of sympathy for, they appeared to be doing their upmost to contact their missing party members. However, having been part of larger bookings before I understand the need for pre-ordering and the possible loss costs to any restaraunt when no show situations happen. The main points I feel I need to correct, once their table members had decided they were not going to be presesnt I witnessed a very different service as to what has been described. The party were kindly offered takeaway boxes for the pre ordered meals, which they said they would like! We remember this in particular, as our table discussed what a good idea this was. When the bill was given to the table, the takeaways were placed also and we could clearly see a bit of heated discussion then requesting for the manager. The manager most certainly seemed helpful and understanding and explained pre-ordered food is prepeared ten minutes before booking times to try and cut down waiting times and allow a better service, he did explain that one of the meals he would happily request to be served again due to it being left to sit whilst the missing members were trying to be found, however id say with so much waiting time this is kind of expected and not fair to say a poor service. He offered to take the takeaway meals away and for the money to be deducted from their bills for these too! (what else could be done to help!) I must say if I had been in his position I am not so sure I would have been as accommodating. I had a very nice experience and if the food was cooked in a microwave, id certainly like the chef to show me where he gets his microwaves! Infact, the only thing which affected our meal that night was the company so close by. I have certainly realised that I should not wholey judge a restaraunt by trip advisor and to try out for myself maybe now, it is a shame how easily people could affect business' reputations on here, especially the non deserved ones.

• Visited November 2013