“Simply lush food”
Review of Simply Red - CLOSED

Simply Red
Cuisines: Seafood, Scottish
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Situated in the heart of Forres, Scotland, where you'll receive a very warm welcome. Simply- Selecting the finest produce our dishes are cooked with flair and passion.R.E.D - Relax, Eat, Drink in our beautiful ambient surroundings.
Reviewed 22 February 2014 via mobile

Just been there tonight with my partner and had probably the best cooked steak we have had for a long time. The staff where fantastic especially Sophie who made sure we were well looked after. The desert we shared and it was just lush. Homemade icecream is the way forward. I shall be going back and recommending to friends. Keep up the good work Simply Red.

1  Thank Paul S

Reviewed 15 February 2014

Good meal, reasonably priced. Unfortunately staff inattentive. Excellent location with large carpark

1  Thank kinfin
Reviewed 13 January 2014

Decided to eat in Simply Red on Saturday night for me & my husbands "Date Night".

First impressions from the outside were positive- handy for car parking, clean and presentable exterior. We were greeted by a very friendly young waitress, Sophie who showed us to our cosy booth near the back of the restaurant. The decor is modern & welcoming and despite other reviews, we both found it warm enough. We were given a moment to decide on drinks, by which time that they arrived, we had decided on what to eat.

We shared a starter- which was no bother for the kitchen to provide- of Haggis Spring Rolls served with Salad & a Peking dipping sauce which was off the "Specials" board. They were beautiful, light and crispy with just enough Haggis filling. For my main I had Southern Fried Chicken strips served with salad and chips. The chicken was moist inside and very flavoursome and the chips were AMAZING! Homemade and chunky cut which is quite hard to find in a lot of places. I also had Onion Rings on the side which were homemade- lightly battered mmmm!! My husband went for Venison Wellington served with boiled potatoes, vegetables and a sauce/gravy/jus thing which he chose off the specials board. I had a wee taste and it was beautiful, he said it melted in his mouth and judging by the look on his face and the speed in which he ate it, I think he really enjoyed it! I finished off with sticky toffee pudding with homemade vanilla ice-cream, it was really lovely and not too sweet. Hubby had the homemade chocolate brownie with chocolate sauce and vanilla ice-cream, he scoffed the lot! Great value for money at under £50, which included two drinks each.

Overall we had a brilliant meal which was helped by the obviously knowledgable waiting staff, namely Sophie who was very attentive. We sent our sincerest compliments to the Chef/s on the night and have already recommended it to friends & family. A must visit for anybody who enjoys good food! Thanks Simply Red!

3  Thank Emm D
Reviewed 8 January 2014

We frequently visit this restaurant where the Chef usually makes an excellent meal for my wife ( a vegetarian)

Reviewed 5 January 2014

A pre-Christmas meal for a party of four:- two vegans, one coeliac vegetarian and one "average" eater. It was amazing, with a choice of starters and mains for all, and a delicious desert too. It was superbly cooked and presented, and showed a lot of imagination. We loved it.

1  Thank Jo F