“Went to Simply Red for Mothers day”
Review of Simply Red - CLOSED

Simply Red
Cuisines: Seafood, Scottish
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Situated in the heart of Forres, Scotland, where you'll receive a very warm welcome. Simply- Selecting the finest produce our dishes are cooked with flair and passion.R.E.D - Relax, Eat, Drink in our beautiful ambient surroundings.
Forres, United Kingdom
“Went to Simply Red for Mothers day”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Great choice of food good service comfortable and a relaxing atmosphere The food was excellent very tasty and would certainly go back another time

Visited March 2014
2 Thank morvenforres

Lossiemouth, United Kingdom
“Birthday Dinner”
Reviewed 20 April 2014

We booked a table at this restaurant for my wife's birthday. We had not been here before so was unsure what it would be like. We were served quickly and myself being a Coeliac, all the meals on the menu were highlighted as Gluten Free. The meals were excellent and the waiting staff were polite and courteous. I would be happy to recommend this restaurant

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank spiderpigScotland
“Beautiful Sunday meal”
Reviewed 26 March 2014

Had a fantastic 3 course meal at simply red last Sunday! Fantastic staff and lovely atmosphere! The food was well presented, very tasting and everything came out nice and hot! I can't wait to eat there again!!

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Chestnut112
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Night Out”
Reviewed 13 March 2014

Two of my friends and I went out for my birthday meal the other week, we had the place to our selves which was lovely, the food was excellent and overall it was just a great relaxing evening and a great price!

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Hannah L
Forres, United Kingdom
“Food poor & salad served on a hot plate.”
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Have eaten here regularly up to about 4 years ago, & food was always great. Ate here last year, food not so good & served by a very sulky waitress.

A friend from out of town asked to meet me here for lunch, as was easy to find, & plenty of parking. He had fish, which looked superb, & he said was really nice.

I ordered a tuna sandwich on brown bread. I specifically asked if they did brown, as I don't eat white bread. When it arrived, it was a white panini. I politely pointed out that I had asked for brown. Was told by the waitress (not the one I ordered it with) that I hadn't. My friend confirmed I had ordered brown bread. The plate was put in front of me, & it seemed that I was expected to eat it. There was an awkward silence, & though it was a little embarrassing, I said, "I'm sorry (no idea why I should be apologising, though!), but as I said, I just don't eat white bread". The waitress then blamed the waitress taking my order, saying, "Well, she's new here".

She then took my friends fish back to the kitchen, for some reason, along with the sandwich. A few minutes later, he got his fish back. Some time later, when he had nearly finished, my sandwich arrived. The salad looked lovely, with coleslaw made of red cabbage. I put a bit in my mouth, & it seemed warm. I though it had just been as it had been sitting in the kitchen. I took some from the underside on the plate, & it was very warm. On touching the plate, found it to be red hot, along with the rest of the salad.

I ate the sandwich, which was runny & rather tasteless. The cokes we had ordered were vile & we left them. Despite what they charged us for them, they were clearly from syrup, & not in the least bit 'the real thing'. When the waitress collected the plates, we weren't asked if we enjoyed our meal, as I think they already knew the answer to that question. I apologised for leaving the salad, & said that it was hot, being served on a hot plate. She wasn't interested, apologised, nor offered to knock anything off the price.

There is just so much great food available in Forres, don't waste your hard earned cash at this place. They have been trying to sell it for years now & the low quality of food, appalling service & staff turnover sadly reflects their desperation. There was only one other person in when we ate here, & no one in when I went last year - we tend to vote with our feet !

• Visited January 2014