“Birding with Dave.”
Review of Birding Ecosse

Birding Ecosse
More attraction details
Owner description: Half day and full day bird watching tours throughout the Highlands of Scotland. Transport and tour guide provided for all trips. Cost vary however a guide would be £60 for half day and £100 for a full day tour. We look forward to meeting you!
Reviewed 7 October 2015

I am embarrassed that it has taken me three months to write this review.
My wife and I spent a brilliant, informative and fun day out with Dave Slater of Birding Ecosse. He drove us all over an area I thought I new very well. Dave knows it better! And he knows where his beloved birds hang out. I had reservations as a casual birder of spending a whole day on the subject. How wrong I was. Can't remember a day when we had so much fun, laughs, AND learned so much. We covered a lot of ground and Dave's enthusiasm is so infectious. Even the best birder couldn't hope to have seen what we saw-- Slavonian grebes to Black grouse, Ringed ousel to Osprey, not to mention the Black throated divers, Mergansers and Eagles, etc etc. The only downside is that we can see our friends eyes glazing over when we start up yet again on our new passion.

1  Thank Rognvald B
"day trip"
"david"
in 13 reviews

Reviewed 11 September 2015

2 1/2 days and 77 species! What a wonderful time. Not only did David deliver target birds such as the crested tit, eider ducks, skua and osprey, he led us in short order through rugged coastlines, hidden lochs, river deltas, secluded feeders, mountain tops and spectacular valleys -we saw more of scenic Scotland with David than 10 days on our own! The care, comfort and conversation truly made our trip memorable and we cannot thank him enough. Staying at the Grant Arms was a treat with fantastic food and staff. We highly recommend David and Birding Ecosse. Gerry and Jeannette,Vancouver Island, Canada

1  Thank Jeannette B
Reviewed 29 August 2015

My family did a cruise around The UK and Ireland the last two weeks of July, 2015. At Invergordon, Scotland I broke away from the family and went birding. I had made arrangements with Birding Ecosse to take me out. Dave picked me up just after 7:00 AM when I got off the ship and from there led me through a wonderful day. In 10 hours, in spite of intermittent downpours of rain, we visited 7 habitats and saw 61 species. In that part of Scotland the countryside changes rapidly and one can get to seemingly remote areas quite easily if you know the country as Dave does. The result was that I did not feel rushed at all. We ate our lunch in high country overlooking a beautiful valley and stopped to scan bays, lakes, rivers and hillsides at our leisure.
I highly recommend Birding Ecosse and look forward to getting back to Scotland to go on Dave's pelagic trip.

2  Thank Kenneth G
Reviewed 7 August 2015

Even if you're only remotely interested in birds, a couple of days with Birding Ecosse will blow you away. A brilliant guide; David has a fanastic sense of humor - bad jokes aside we were expertly gudied through mountains and seashore. Never thought I'd see goldfinch, greenfinch, Slavonian grebes, and thousands of gannets all in a day. Doesn't get any better!

1  Thank Nicholas C
See more reviews
Reviewed 3 July 2015

David is really excellent guide for levels of knowledge as well as his birding expertise he also has a good knowledge of local history which makes a trip out with him even more interesting. His local area knowledge is good too he has taken me places I would never have though of visiting with great results. I have been out with him a number of times and he has always found interesting birds as well as something to laugh about

1  Thank Peter H