“Fantastic Trip”
Review of Birding Ecosse

Birding Ecosse
More attraction details
Owner description: Half day and full day bird watching tours throughout the Highlands of Scotland. Transport and tour guide provided for all trips. Cost vary however a guide would be £60 for half day and £100 for a full day tour. We look forward to meeting you!
Reviewed 15 March 2016

I have just returned from another fantastic birding weekend with Dave of Birding Ecosse (my second trip). Dave's knowledge of birds and the local area is second to none and the three days flew past far too quickly as we visited a range of habitats in the Moray area and then further North. The scenery in this area is awe inspiring, and although we had what Dave calls 'liquid sunshine' (rain) on the first two days this did not detract from the experience. Just be prepared for all kinds of weather! Some of the many highlights for me were catching my first Snow Buntings at Cairngorm, being enthralled at the Golden Eagle soaring above the hills (another first) and having a lovely packed lunch at Loch Fleet (with the sun shining this time) whilst watching the huge variety of waders. Dave is an excellent guide, setting things up in the scope for you to see, and sharing his wealth of bird knowledge in a way which is interesting and accessible. Tea, coffee and biscuits are provided frequently and much enjoyed (as is the cheery banter that Dave also supplies!). I thoroughly recommend Birding Ecosse, you won't be disappointed, and I am already thinking about my next trip!

2  Thank Valerie L
"day trip"
"david"
in 13 reviews

Reviewed 2 February 2016 via mobile

Having always had a casual interest in birds, I received a voucher for a half day tour for my birthday..and what an amazing present it turned out to be.

First of all, many many thanks to Dave, right from the word go he makes you feel at complete ease. He is an incredibly knowledgeable and enthusiastic guide, as well as a top guy.

The tour was incredible, and the hours just flew by...too quickly! I honestly do not know how Dave spotted all the incredible sights that we seen. I promise you that you will be blown away by the incredible new world you will experience through the scope - it just has to be experienced!

I am now looking to planning my next trip with Dave and Birding Ecosse for my Dad's 70th birthday.

1  Thank benswax
Reviewed 3 January 2016

Two days spent out with David Slater and although the weather was not that good he still found the birds and the shelter from the weather I book him every visit He will pick up from your Hotel and return you, he does provide hot drinks and nibbles but if you want a sandwich you will need to provide it yourself which is the best way as you can get exactly what you want

Reviewed 19 November 2015 via mobile

I came north to celebrate my 65th birthday with 2 full days birding.I chose Birding Ecosse since Dave Slater offered a bespoke small group approach. Two days on and I've encountered a range of birds from mountain and coast and return home tomorrow more than satisfied. So come north and enjoy birding with Dave Slater. I've got to return to bag that elusive Sea Eagle. See you there.

2  Thank sedberghlad
See more reviews
Reviewed 7 October 2015

I am embarrassed that it has taken me three months to write this review.
My wife and I spent a brilliant, informative and fun day out with Dave Slater of Birding Ecosse. He drove us all over an area I thought I new very well. Dave knows it better! And he knows where his beloved birds hang out. I had reservations as a casual birder of spending a whole day on the subject. How wrong I was. Can't remember a day when we had so much fun, laughs, AND learned so much. We covered a lot of ground and Dave's enthusiasm is so infectious. Even the best birder couldn't hope to have seen what we saw-- Slavonian grebes to Black grouse, Ringed ousel to Osprey, not to mention the Black throated divers, Mergansers and Eagles, etc etc. The only downside is that we can see our friends eyes glazing over when we start up yet again on our new passion.

1  Thank Rognvald B