Review Highlights
Birding Best!

The only disappointment about birding with Ecosse Dave was having our two days together come to an... read more

Reviewed 4 days ago
Deborah F
via mobile
Birding the Highlands

Fantastic two days birding the Highlands. David was an awesome guide who had lots of information at... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
PatyVerb
West Chester, Pennsylvania
via mobile

All reviews golden eagle tail end grantown on spey handa island bird watchers great company birds including great birding shore birds mountain hare outer hebrides gannet colony black isle small group david slater cairngorm
Reviewed 2 February 2016 via mobile

Having always had a casual interest in birds, I received a voucher for a half day tour for my birthday..and what an amazing present it turned out to be.

First of all, many many thanks to Dave, right from the word go he makes you feel at complete ease. He is an incredibly knowledgeable and enthusiastic guide, as well as a top guy.

The tour was incredible, and the hours just flew by...too quickly! I honestly do not know how Dave spotted all the incredible sights that we seen. I promise you that you will be blown away by the incredible new world you will experience through the scope - it just has to be experienced!

I am now looking to planning my next trip with Dave and Birding Ecosse for my Dad's 70th birthday.

Date of experience: January 2016
1  Thank benswax
Reviewed 3 January 2016

Two days spent out with David Slater and although the weather was not that good he still found the birds and the shelter from the weather I book him every visit He will pick up from your Hotel and return you, he does provide hot drinks and nibbles but if you want a sandwich you will need to provide it yourself which is the best way as you can get exactly what you want

Date of experience: December 2015
Reviewed 19 November 2015 via mobile

I came north to celebrate my 65th birthday with 2 full days birding.I chose Birding Ecosse since Dave Slater offered a bespoke small group approach. Two days on and I've encountered a range of birds from mountain and coast and return home tomorrow more than satisfied. So come north and enjoy birding with Dave Slater. I've got to return to bag that elusive Sea Eagle. See you there.

Date of experience: November 2015
2  Thank sedberghlad
Reviewed 7 October 2015

I am embarrassed that it has taken me three months to write this review.
My wife and I spent a brilliant, informative and fun day out with Dave Slater of Birding Ecosse. He drove us all over an area I thought I new very well. Dave knows it better! And he knows where his beloved birds hang out. I had reservations as a casual birder of spending a whole day on the subject. How wrong I was. Can't remember a day when we had so much fun, laughs, AND learned so much. We covered a lot of ground and Dave's enthusiasm is so infectious. Even the best birder couldn't hope to have seen what we saw-- Slavonian grebes to Black grouse, Ringed ousel to Osprey, not to mention the Black throated divers, Mergansers and Eagles, etc etc. The only downside is that we can see our friends eyes glazing over when we start up yet again on our new passion.

Date of experience: May 2015
1  Thank Rognvald B
Reviewed 11 September 2015

2 1/2 days and 77 species! What a wonderful time. Not only did David deliver target birds such as the crested tit, eider ducks, skua and osprey, he led us in short order through rugged coastlines, hidden lochs, river deltas, secluded feeders, mountain tops and spectacular valleys -we saw more of scenic Scotland with David than 10 days on our own! The care, comfort and conversation truly made our trip memorable and we cannot thank him enough. Staying at the Grant Arms was a treat with fantastic food and staff. We highly recommend David and Birding Ecosse. Gerry and Jeannette,Vancouver Island, Canada

Date of experience: September 2015