“A Magical Experience”
Review of Birding Ecosse

Birding Ecosse
More attraction details
Owner description: Half day and full day bird watching tours throughout the Highlands of Scotland. Transport and tour guide provided for all trips. Cost vary however a guide would be £60 for half day and £100 for a full day tour. We look forward to meeting you!
Reviewed 24 March 2016

Having just arrived back at the Grant Arms Hotel, after my second full day of birding with Dave Slater of Birding Ecosse, I have to write this review while everything is still fresh in my mind. We have travelled everywhere, from the top of Cairngorm to Cromarty on the Black Isle and have seen about 60 different birds, from Golden Eagle to Coal Tit - the latter actually taking seed from my hand! Not forgetting the mountain hare, red squirrel, reindeer, feral goats, brown hare and red deer - even though they're not birds, Dave found them.
He knows where to find the birds and everything there is to know about them. He will adapt the tour to look for that special bird you want to see.
If you're thinking of birding in Scotland, think Birding Ecosse - you won't regret it!

2  Thank Christine P
"day trip"
"david"
in 13 reviews

Reviewed 15 March 2016

I have just returned from another fantastic birding weekend with Dave of Birding Ecosse (my second trip). Dave's knowledge of birds and the local area is second to none and the three days flew past far too quickly as we visited a range of habitats in the Moray area and then further North. The scenery in this area is awe inspiring, and although we had what Dave calls 'liquid sunshine' (rain) on the first two days this did not detract from the experience. Just be prepared for all kinds of weather! Some of the many highlights for me were catching my first Snow Buntings at Cairngorm, being enthralled at the Golden Eagle soaring above the hills (another first) and having a lovely packed lunch at Loch Fleet (with the sun shining this time) whilst watching the huge variety of waders. Dave is an excellent guide, setting things up in the scope for you to see, and sharing his wealth of bird knowledge in a way which is interesting and accessible. Tea, coffee and biscuits are provided frequently and much enjoyed (as is the cheery banter that Dave also supplies!). I thoroughly recommend Birding Ecosse, you won't be disappointed, and I am already thinking about my next trip!

2  Thank Valerie L
Reviewed 2 February 2016 via mobile

Having always had a casual interest in birds, I received a voucher for a half day tour for my birthday..and what an amazing present it turned out to be.

First of all, many many thanks to Dave, right from the word go he makes you feel at complete ease. He is an incredibly knowledgeable and enthusiastic guide, as well as a top guy.

The tour was incredible, and the hours just flew by...too quickly! I honestly do not know how Dave spotted all the incredible sights that we seen. I promise you that you will be blown away by the incredible new world you will experience through the scope - it just has to be experienced!

I am now looking to planning my next trip with Dave and Birding Ecosse for my Dad's 70th birthday.

1  Thank benswax
Reviewed 3 January 2016

Two days spent out with David Slater and although the weather was not that good he still found the birds and the shelter from the weather I book him every visit He will pick up from your Hotel and return you, he does provide hot drinks and nibbles but if you want a sandwich you will need to provide it yourself which is the best way as you can get exactly what you want