“Fantastic in All Weathers”
Review of Birding Ecosse

Birding Ecosse
More attraction details
Owner description: Half day and full day bird watching tours throughout the Highlands of Scotland. Transport and tour guide provided for all trips. Cost vary however a guide would be £60 for half day and £100 for a full day tour. We look forward to meeting you!
Reviewed 24 February 2017

Just spent two wonderful days with Dave. Nearly cancelled because of poor weather forecast, but so pleased I didn't. The variable weather provided many different opportunities to see different birds. Highlight was mountain glen covered in snow with Sea Eagle and Golden Eagle flying together chased by two Ravens.

1  Thank David191266
"day trip"
"david"
in 13 reviews

Reviewed 5 January 2017

I went out with Birding Ecosse 3 times over Christmas and New Year twice there were 3 people on the tour but David seems to be able to keep different interests happy. The coffee and cakes went down well in the cold weather and there was some really good birds and other wildlife

David S, Owner at Birding Ecosse, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2017

Thank you for the kind words Peter, or should that be Santa? Once again it was great to spend time in your company, and I am fully read up on Polish Mute Swans now!

Reviewed 28 November 2016

I have just finished my second two-day tour with Dave Slater of Birding Ecosse and once again he provided another memorable experience searching for birds in Scotland.

He is extremely knowledgeable and has great expertise in finding and identifying birds and,equally importantly,is great company and does all he can to ensure you have a great time.

Loads of laughs,tea,biscuits,Tunnocks Tea Cakes and even mince pies this time.....oh,and the odd bird along the way! He has so far provided me with 14 new species and hopefully even more on future trips.

I would heartily advise anybody,expert or novice,who is new to the area to book a trip with Birding Ecosse.It will save you a lot of time and effort as well as enjoying the unique experience and company of Dave Slater.

I am already planning my next trips with him and hope we can track down my elusive White-tailed Eagle and maybe one day get to go up Cairn Gorm without wind and low cloud thwarting us......not even Dave can influence the Scottish mountain weather!

1  Thank wolftone328
Reviewed 26 November 2016

Dave is my kind of birder! I love standing and staring, drinking in the ambience and all aspects of the scenery, just waiting for things to happen and watching avidly when they do.Dave is not one to rush you on to the next thing, to slot up a given number of sightings. He is happy to adapt to your pace, frequently providing hot coffee and carbo-shots to ward off the cold (minus 7 in Findhorn Valley). He is so at home in his own domain, knowing some beautiful sequestered spots, with an abundance of stunning birds such as bramblings and waxwings that I almost felt I'd wandered into a parallel world; one where you just mention a bird and there it is. It is good to be with someone so deeply acquainted with the countryside and all in it, and Dave has watched birds in this area since he was knee-high to a grasshopper warbler. Even so his enthusiasm and delight remain full-on and infectious, as also does his sense of humour. We had one moment of 'twitch,' looking for an American wigeon, a first for me; and he even let me find it!
A fabulous three days; not my first trip with Birding Ecosse and I shall be back for more.