“Could be better”

Add it.
Thai Cottage
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 19 May 2014

I have used this take away for many years but i cannot put my finger on it but i think a change in chef or staff have change things, portions used to be large and the food restaurant quality but it just seems to be thick gloopy sauces full of MSG very standard chinese fair rather than Thai. Would love it to be the way it was rich runny sauces no gloop or excess salt.

Reviewed 19 February 2014

Called round all the 'Chinese' takeaways locally and none did the mixed starter to no luck. Thought I'd give Thai Cottge a call and they did, so ordered a mixed starter, chicken and sweetcorn soup, beef chow mein and salt and chilli chicken. Soup was very nice and tasty and the mixed starter had everything their in good portions for the price. Chow mein was very traditional and the chicken was absolutely delicious and really impressed. Will be calling here again next time we fancy East Asian food, would definitely recommend. Only thing that let's it down is no delivery, but where does in Forres!

Reviewed 22 November 2013

We had 2 take away meals and found them to be very good quality and very good value for money, Will certainly return hen we come back to Forres.

Reviewed 1 February 2013

This is a bog standard Chinese take away with a Thai name. Unfortunately I didn't realise this when I decided to buy a red thai duck curry from them. The meal I was given bore no resemblance to a thai food, and consisted entirely of pre-packaged duck (not bad meat actually, the best part of the meal but "Thai Cottage" can hardly take credit for that), a few random vegetables, and a really really tiny amount of generic chinese cooking sauce smeared on for effect. Where was the rich coconut based sauce? The fresh coriander, the lemongrass, galangal, lime juice, fish sauce? Not even a bit of garlic, a touch of chilli and a sprinkle of ground coriander seed?!!? I mean really, how hard is that??
I don't know how the rest of their *Chinese* cooking is (I suspect the decent but pre-packaged kind - don't really care though, never going there again), but whatever you do, do not buy the "Thai" food. It was absolutely not Thai. Very disappointing. I could have done the same with five minutes in my own kitchen, and it would have been much cheaper and nicer to boot.

3  Thank Rob B