“Excellent”

Springfield Bed & Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Forres
Springfield Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #5 of 15 Forres B&B and Inns
Guernsey, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
Reviewed 2 September 2012

My husband and I stayed at Springfield from 17 August 2012 for 4 nights. We were warmly greeted by Catherine and shown to a spotless room with a variety of added touches, at the front of the house. We were given our keys and a key to the front door and told that we could come and go as we please. We both slept really well, the combination of a comfy bed and the Scottish air! The breakfast was cooked to order and tasted delicious and lovely fresh strawberries and blueberries were also offered with cereal and freshly made fruit compte. We were in Forres visiting friends and Springfield was in an ideal location with just a short walk into the pretty and well kept town. Springfield is very easy to find and we would thoroughly recommend staying there - we will certainly be returning in the future. Sharon and Tony, Guernsey.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
moraycath, Owner at Springfield Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 4 September 2012
Hi Sharon, thank you for your lovely review. It was a pleasure to have you both stay at Springfield and I was delighted with your warm words when you left. I hope your trip to Ardnamurchan was memorable - did you bag another hilltop? I look forward to seeing you again in the future and hope Tony is enjoying his new job. Kindest regards Catherine, Hugh and Milly.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Aberdeen
Reviewed 26 August 2012

Stayed at this B&B with my wife and mother in law. We spent two nights. The rooms are very well appointed: nice furnishings, plenty of nice touches and very clean. The breakfast is delicious and the location is handy if you wish to walk into Forres instead of driving.

However, best of all were the owners, Catherine and Hugh. They just are very lovely people: welcoming, kind, full of attentions. In short, they really made us feel at home. I would always recommend this B&B: it's just perfect!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
moraycath, Owner at Springfield Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 27 August 2012
Hola! I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you again for the unexpected but much appreciated floral gift. It was lovely to meet you all and to try out my limited Spanish! I am so pleased the anniversary visit went as good as you wished and that you have very fond memories of our lovely town and your wedding day. Please give my best wishes to your mum in law and I wish you both the best when the little 'package' arrives later in the year. Kindest regards, Catherine
Haltwhistle, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 August 2012

Stayed for 1 night this week passing threw and it is one of the best B & B's we have stayed in. Catherine was both professional and friendly. We would recomend springfield to anyone, the room was spotless and is of a high standard, the bed was fabulous. (Travelleling as a couple touring scotland) with a warm welcome,

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
moraycath, Owner at Springfield Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 14 August 2012
It was good that you found me in a round about way and really nice to meet you both. I'm glad your stay was as good as you said it was! Don't leave it so long before returning to Forres.
Dumfries, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 February 2012

Stayed for 2 nights in January whilst visiting family in Forres. Have visited Springfield before over the past 3 years or so. Always a friendly welcome from Catherine and Hugh. Room we usually have is a spacious double at the front of the house, high standard of fixtures and fittings, breakfast is ordered the night before which isn't a problem, everything freshly cooked and enjoyable. House is off the main road and worth finding if in Forres for business or pleasure.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
Tokyo, Japan
Reviewed 22 January 2012

A modern and spotless room, and a very warm welcome from charming owners. Highly recommended.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 October 2011

As a business man who was on an important trip to the area, I can recommend Springfield B & B without hesitation. I had three of the best nights sleep I have had for a long while. The beds are incredibly comfortable and the en-suite shower room was lovely and spotless. The breakfasts were first class and delivered exactly on time, very important to me with a tight schedule to keep. Catherine and Hugh were great hosts and I enjoyed chatting to them very much when I had the time. I would return on business or on a holiday anytime. First class! Thank you.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Perth
Reviewed 18 September 2011

Catherine and Hugh are fabulous (and funny) hosts and we are so glad we stayed two nights here whist visiting the area. The double room we had was modern and superbly clean. I have no idea what type of bed it was, but I had the best night's sleep I have had in ages! They provided a wonderful breakfast and had awesome suggestions as to where to eat out in Forres and surrounding towns. The house is best found with a car as it is off the main road, but if you enjoy a good walk, then it is not necessary.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Forres
Ramnee Hotel
#1 of 4 in Findhorn
Church View Guest House
Church View Guest House
#6 of 15 in Forres

Been to Springfield Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!