“Great B&B” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Springfield Bed & Breakfast

Springfield Bed & Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Forres
Springfield Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #5 of 16 Forres B&B and Inns
Kettering, United Kingdom
“Great B&B”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2013

Stayed 5 nights when in Forres for work. It was simply superb. Catherine runs an immaculate house and with a friendly, caring manner. Room & bathroom spotlessly clean; great towels; good pillows (very important to me!); proper porridge! ; and when I indulged one morning in the full breakfast, I don't think I've had better. I have no hesitation in recommending staying here.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
moraycath, Owner at Springfield Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 22 September 2013
Thank you so much for your lovely review. I am pleased you enjoyed your visit to Springfield, we work hard to provide our guests with a stay away from home that meets their needs. I hope your journey south was uneventful and would be delighted to accommode you again in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2013 via mobile

After ten days travelling trough Scotland we arrived in Forres without having booked accomodation in advance. Driving around in the village we found out Springfield B&B had a room for us.
The carefull organised and cleaned house made me wonder if this was a good match for us.
Being home again, we have a wonderfull memory of the two nights stay at Springfield. Beginning the day with a balanced breakfast, taking care of by Catherine, was a joy.
Depending of your plans of the day, she loves to give you some good tips or recommandations. The first evening we choose to explore the village, leaving the recommandation for what it was, later having to admid that the restaurant we had dinner was a dissapointment. But the beauty of this story is, we discovered we share the same passion about good food, and a lot more. Inspired by Cathrine, we trusted on here recomandation and we spend our last evening dining at Mosset Tavern. And that was a realy good one. The taste, people working there and the price!

On our trip we have now seen different sides and storys of Scotland. Springfield B & B was one with a good memory. It is, as discribed by others, spotless and well organised. But what stays in our memory is Catherines taking care of you, with a lovely touch of humor.

Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
moraycath, Owner at Springfield Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 24 June 2013
Dear Kai and Marieke, thank you for your lovely review of Springfield. Thank you for mentioning The Mossat Tavern it serves great food at reasonable prices and the staff are a credit too. It was great to meet you both and I hope the little whisky tasting and discussion with Hugh has lead you on the path to finding the tipple of your choice. It is nice to have fun with the guests and I am always up for the 'porridge challenge'! I hope you find your way to Forres again and I wish you both the best for the future. Catherine and Milly
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2013

A|rrived with my 2 friends after a driving up from Aberdeen, we only spent one night but we were made so welcome. Breakfast is made to order in the morning, was fantastic and Catherine is a terrific host. It is centrally located in Forres and private parking is an added advantage. Futher bookings already made for later in 2013. Joan, Ina and Nancy.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
moraycath, Owner at Springfield Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 14 May 2013
Dear Joan, thank you so much for your very kind and generous words. It was a pleasure to accommodate you all and I am so delighted your first stay was memorable enough to come back again - something we strive for. Glad you managed to enjoy our local area and that your event went well. I look forward to seeing Nancy and Ina again in September and wish you a very memorable visit to the States. Catherine
Blairgowrie, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at the Springfield b&b when I was up playing pool and found it very clean with the room spacious and comfortable and breakfast very nice with also a good choice of cereal before cooked breakfast of our choice with the landlady very helpful especially with giving us directions

• Stayed May 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
moraycath, Owner at Springfield Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 8 May 2013
Dear George and Anne, thank you for your kind review. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and our lovely town. I look forward to seeing you again if you are in the area representing your Legion snooker team. Thanks again, Catherine.
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2012

Arrived with two friends after a day of cycling in September, only spent one night but was made to feel very welcome. we arrived earlier than planned (4pm) but they put our bikes in the garage for piece of mind while we went out to explore Forres!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
moraycath, Owner at Springfield Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 26 September 2012
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay at Springfield. It was lovely to meet you all and no problem 'garaging' the bikes. I hope you found my route over to Aberlour via Rafford/Dallas as strenuous as expected and you arrived safely and not too wet. Kind regards, Catherine
Guernsey, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2012

My husband and I stayed at Springfield from 17 August 2012 for 4 nights. We were warmly greeted by Catherine and shown to a spotless room with a variety of added touches, at the front of the house. We were given our keys and a key to the front door and told that we could come and go as we please. We both slept really well, the combination of a comfy bed and the Scottish air! The breakfast was cooked to order and tasted delicious and lovely fresh strawberries and blueberries were also offered with cereal and freshly made fruit compte. We were in Forres visiting friends and Springfield was in an ideal location with just a short walk into the pretty and well kept town. Springfield is very easy to find and we would thoroughly recommend staying there - we will certainly be returning in the future. Sharon and Tony, Guernsey.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
moraycath, Owner at Springfield Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 4 September 2012
Hi Sharon, thank you for your lovely review. It was a pleasure to have you both stay at Springfield and I was delighted with your warm words when you left. I hope your trip to Ardnamurchan was memorable - did you bag another hilltop? I look forward to seeing you again in the future and hope Tony is enjoying his new job. Kindest regards Catherine, Hugh and Milly.
Aberdeen
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2012

Stayed at this B&B with my wife and mother in law. We spent two nights. The rooms are very well appointed: nice furnishings, plenty of nice touches and very clean. The breakfast is delicious and the location is handy if you wish to walk into Forres instead of driving.

However, best of all were the owners, Catherine and Hugh. They just are very lovely people: welcoming, kind, full of attentions. In short, they really made us feel at home. I would always recommend this B&B: it's just perfect!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
moraycath, Owner at Springfield Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 27 August 2012
Hola! I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you again for the unexpected but much appreciated floral gift. It was lovely to meet you all and to try out my limited Spanish! I am so pleased the anniversary visit went as good as you wished and that you have very fond memories of our lovely town and your wedding day. Please give my best wishes to your mum in law and I wish you both the best when the little 'package' arrives later in the year. Kindest regards, Catherine
Also consider these accommodations in or near Forres
Ramnee Hotel
#6 of 16 in Forres
Newbold House
Newbold House
#1 of 4 in Forres

Been to Springfield Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!