“La Caverna bistro in a unique setting”
Review of La Caverna

La Caverna
Ranked #10 of 26 Restaurants in Lossiemouth
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 28 April 2019

La Caverna bistro is set in an arched building decorated in stone and looks like the inside of a cave. This building has been around for well over 40 yrs ( I remember it as an 8 yr old being a newsagent). Now a bistro it offers breakfast, lunch and dinner. The food is cooked to order and claims to be sourced locally. If you are pressed for time or not wanting food you are still made welcome to sit and have a fresh coffee. There is a small seating area outside that looks over the East beach and is a perfect sun trap in the summer months.

Date of visit: April 2019
1  Thank Des R

Reviewed 22 January 2019 via mobile

Myself and my colleague had dinner here, the food was excellent and the service was fast and friendly. Great value for money.

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed 28 December 2018 via mobile

Food was disgusting. Trio of puddings were black pudding, haggis and white pudding rolled up into balls and totally vile. whisky sauce was watery and the worst I’ve ever tasted. Burger was dry and tasteless. Will most definitely not be back.

Date of visit: December 2018
1  Thank Bigwhiskychief
Reviewed 13 October 2018 via mobile

Took my daughter here for her birthday lunch. Great atmosphere in this place and helpful friendly staff. My daughter and I chose 6 dishes of tapas, all dishes were well cooked and presented. Both had sweet which was absolutely delish. Lunch was £48 with a bottle of wine. Good value. Would definitely return and recommend.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 9 October 2018 via mobile

I dined here on a quiet Tuesday night with my mum and dad. Seated straight away and given menus, the music was very loud and the strange array of lights they have are blinding and distracting. It was cold out the night we visited and the waitresses had propped open he door while they moved chairs in/out. Upon asking if the door could be closed we were barked at that they were moving chairs.
We ordered drinks and starters and mains, one recommend by the waitress.
I had Cullen Skink and my mum the three Scottish pudding starters. My serving was very small and not flavourful my mum enjoyed hers. Our mains arrived, my mum the Italian Job burger, me a chicken and prawn curry dish and my dad the Pollo Risotto. My mum again enjoyed hers, my dish was tepid at best but my dad found a hair in his risotto.
Upon telling the waitress she was very apologetic. She didn’t remove the dish straight away but went on serving another table. She took it away and asked if he wanted something else. He plumped for the same burger as my mum. He enjoyed this and ate it but I was put off and only ate half of mine.
My mum and myself finished ours but my dad had just started his. My mum decided to get a coffee while we waited and called over a waitress who gave her a dirty look and said she’d be with her in a second but ignored us until my mum placed her order with a second waitress. The original waitress then came over and asked how she could help. My mum explained she’d already ordered and the woman said fine and walked off leaving two dirty plates on the table. When my dad had finished she then came over and asked if we’d like desserts or coffees. We explained we’d ordered coffees and she then cleared the table.
Upon paying they didn’t discount any of my dads meals and when he queried this the waitress told him that he’d had another meal instead. A total disappointment and certainly won’t be going back there soon.

Date of visit: October 2018