“That was some meal splendid”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The 1629

The 1629
Ranked #4 of 19 Restaurants in Lossiemouth
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings, View, Child-friendly
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Lossiemouth Scotland
“That was some meal splendid”
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Went with the wife on Saturday night the 9th of November booked for 1930hrs drinks before we went through and the waiter took our order I had a cocktail Di Gambretti which was very nice for the main meal we ordered the Chateau Briand De Notre Facon for 2 people ordered medium to well done and it was just perfect 1 little tip do not eat anything before u go as the portions was huge with plenty of vegetables chips, and potatoe balls if u manage to finish it u will be doing very well the service was also excellent as well I don't think u could get any better meal anywhere really worth it thank you 1629

• Visited November 2013

UK
“Busy restaurant, good food.”
Reviewed 2 November 2013

3 of us had dinner here in late October. We enjoyed the evening and I thought that the price was reasonable for what was being offered. That said, the cooking I would describe as "honest" rather than "gourmet", but I don't think that they are after the gourmet end of the market!

We ate here on a midweek evening at the end of October, and the restaurant was full of diners - so obviously is well liked by locals. Lossiemouth itself does not have many other restaurants, most of what is on offer in the town are takeaways.

Interestingly our waitress was eastern European rather than local Scots. Did not effect my enjoyment of our meal she was very charming, but the British never seem keen on serving in restaurants!

The food was perfectly good, without being memorable. In other words writing this 2 weeks later, I cannot remember what I had.

But if you are in Lossiemouth, and do not wish to venture further afield in an evening then this is the place to go. If you want a change, then you can go to the Caverna, which is owned by the same people in the same building, but more a bistro than a restaurant.

• Visited October 2013
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Excellent Sunday Lunch”
Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

Booked a family lunch having seen the recommendations on this site. Superb Cullen Skink followed by Roast Beef. Conscientious, friendly service. Will certainly return.

Visited October 2013
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great seafood!”
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Some of the best seafood I have ever tasted has come from this restaurant and continues to be of a high standard after my many visits, will continue to dine here for a long time

Visited September 2013
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“relaxed meal in high standard location.”
Reviewed 11 October 2013

wide choice of superbly prepared dishes- backed up with very good wine, I have been to cheaper restaurants- but not of this standard.. a very pleasant experience and recommended to anyone.

• Visited October 2013