Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Andrew E
Lincoln, United Kingdom

And I will just keep coming back!

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 5 Apr 2023via mobile
I visit Scotland with work a few times a year and, if the accommodation is booked by a colleague, I usually end up in Elgin.
Visiting last November saw me getting to choose and I just plumbed for staying in Lossiemouth itself - largely because it was much closer to work (only 1 mile instead of 5).
Sifting through the ‘company approved’ list I came upon Lossiemouth House B&B, liked the look of it and then thought nothing more.
Fast forward to our arrival, we were warmly greeted by Hugh and shown to our rooms, I certainly couldn’t complain about mine. Clean, tidy and well appointed, everything was right there for my 9 night stay. Breakfasts were splendid and, when evening meals were cooked, they were excellent too. Alison and Hugh were extremely welcoming, friendly and accommodating to my dietary requirements.

So I rebooked for my most recent visit, upon arrival I’d realised that, ignoring the AMEX advert, I had indeed ‘left home without it’! Hugh had initially said he wouldn’t be doing evening meals for the first few days of my stay as they were extremely busy - upon hearing about my failure to prepare, he immediately scrubbed that and ensured I was properly fed on the Monday and Tuesday evening. Thank you kind Sir!

He and Alison were more than happy to accept my Signed For delivery on the Wednesday - and I was able to grant them their reprieve from cooking for a little time.

I mentioned my dietary requirements, I’m one of those awkward vegans, and sometimes struggle to find interesting (and varied) things to eat away from my usual stomping grounds, but Hugh and Alison made sure I avoided that predicament. The food was fantastic, varied and always interesting, my compliments go to the chefs (yup, Hugh and Alison again).

In summary, if I’m booking the accommodation, I’m going back there again and again. No returning to regular, impersonal hotels again for me.

Thank you both for being so wonderfully welcoming, and I look forward to seeing you both again in the future.
Date of stay: March 2023
Room Tip: Parking at the B&B, but park ‘sensibly’.
Trip type: Travelled on business
Alison Taylor, Owner at Lossiemouth House, responded to this review
Responded 5 Jun 2023
You'd better just keep coming back too! Aww Andrew thank you so much for your lovely and very kind review. We are absolutely delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and of course, as I hope you know, Hugh just loves conjuring up exciting meal options.

Would you believe that the day after you left we received the vegan chocolate and peanuts that we had ordered in for you to try (typical!) hopefully they will still be in date for your next visit lol.

Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you again soon

Many thanks and all the very best

£69
    £130
  • Vio.com
    £117
View more hotels in Lossiemouth
All reviews breakfast was delicious luxury toiletries dual aspect homemade shortbread definitely worth a visit friendly hosts town centre porridge lovely house fabulous stay local knowledge local area comfortable room one night stay few minutes walk full scottish breakfast perfect location
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 March 2023 via mobile

Would have given 6 stars if possible, had a absolutely fantastic time staying 3 nights at Lossiemouth House. Alison & Hugh are fantastic friendly hosts. They gave us so much information & help during our 3 days staying with them, from lending us their map book setting us up on a “Northern lights” app, telling us places to visit, how to get there via the scenic routes & where to eat. The breakfasts were to die for, no surprise as Alison & Hugh are Chef’s, I fully recommend the full Scottish breakfast including the best Black pudding I’ve ever tasted, the eggs are full of flavour & Hugh’s home made fruit conserves are fab.
Alison upgraded our room on our arrival which was spacious clean & had a walk in shower & unbelievable toiletries, the whisky & water shower gel, WOW.
Lossiemouth house has a great history attached to it, Ask Alison & Hugh, also ask Hugh who he has worked & cooked for!!.
Can’t thank Alison & Hugh enough for their kindness & fab hospitality, Lossiemouth House is definitely the place to stay at.

Room tip: Lossiemouth House has parking for 5 cars, free WiFi
Date of stay: March 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Alison Taylor, Owner at Lossiemouth House, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2023

Oh my, what a great review, thank you so much for taking the time to write this, we are absolutely delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Lossiemouth House - we love discovering new places to visit in this wonderful area and then sharing them.

We only ever buy Stornoway Black Pudding (which is considered to be the best!) and are glad that you enjoyed it. All of our eggs are bought from a local farm too, having that lovely bright orange yolk.

We very much hope that you will able to visit again soon

Many thanks and all the best

Reviewed 2 March 2023

Loved staying in this house and learning about the history of it. Alison and Hugh were very friendly and welcoming. Room was spotless and cosy, special mention goes to the lovely toiletries and home made shortbread.
Location is great, just a few minutes walk to the beach and restaurants / bars. Breakfast was delicious. Would highly recommend and return for another visit.

Date of stay: February 2023
Lossiemouth House, Owner at Lossiemouth House, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2023

Thank you very much for your kind review, we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed 20 February 2023

Really nice hotel and location. Hugh and Alison are very friendly and accommodating. The rooms are clean and modern. The breakfasts are amazing and if you need any information about the local area to plan your day then they will be more than happy to help.

Date of stay: February 2023
Trip type: Travelled on business
Alison Taylor, Owner at Lossiemouth House, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2023

Dear Phil
Thank you so much for taking the time to write us such a lovely review, it's very much appreciated. It's lovely to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 15 December 2022

Fabulous hosts. The historic building is lovely, with an exceptional breakfast menu. Hugh and Alison make sure you have a fantastic time.
Hugh is a first class chef having cooked for the great and the good during his career. Hugh is only to happy to produce a first class, restaurant standard evening meal on request.
I can’t wait for my next visit.

Date of stay: June 2022

Dear David
Thank you so much for taking the time to write us such a lovely review, we really do appreciate it.

Reviewed 4 October 2022

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Lossiemouth House.
We really appreciated all the effort that Alison and Hugh go to to provide such an excellent service.
The food is delicious and having the coffee / tea facilities and yummy home made shortbread in the room is a real treat.
Lots of shampoos and toiletries also go a long way to make you feel really welcome.
The local knowledge and help with restaurants was really good and we really enjoyed the 2 we ate in.

There is absolutely nothing I could suggest for any improvement to add to our wonderful visit.

Date of stay: September 2022

Wow, thank you so much for taking the time to write us such a lovely review, we really do appreciate it.