Lowest prices for your stay
£115
_mandy_neville1
Warwickshire, United Kingdom

Incredible hosts, Alison&Hugh

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 24 Nov 2023via mobile
I spent a super comfortable night at Lossiemouth House this week. Despite the fact that my booking hadn’t gone through ( long story) and Alison & Hugh weren’t expecting any more guests, I turned up mid evening, exhausted from a very long journey and they made me feel so welcome. Alison quickly fixed up a room for me whilst Hugh booked me in.
Their place is gorgeous, beautifully fitted out with everything and more to make an away from home trip luxurious. Comfy bed, fabulous shower and bathroom, spotless room, friendly, kind attentiveness and then the amazing breakfast!! Great coffee ( always a must) deliciously prepared freshly cooked food in a sweet little dining room. I’ll definitely be back next time I’m working in the area. Big thanks, you deserve an award.
Date of stay: November 2023
Trip type: Travelled on business
Lossiemouth House, Owner at Lossiemouth House, responded to this review
Responded 4 Apr 2024
Dear Mandy
Thank you so much for your lovely review. We are so pleased that we were able to accommodate you and are delighted that you enjoyed your stay.
We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.
All the best
    £117
    £138
    £117
View more hotels in Lossiemouth
All reviews breakfast was delicious luxury toiletries dual aspect homemade shortbread definitely worth a visit friendly hosts town centre porridge lovely house fabulous stay local knowledge local area comfortable room one night stay few minutes walk full scottish breakfast perfect location
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 October 2023 via mobile

Highly recommend a stay at the Lossiemouth B&B. Allison and Hugh are great hosts. The room and breakfast are excellent, especially the creamy porridge! The house was built in the 1790s. Lossiemouth is just outside Elgin and and easy drive to Inverness, Culloden Battlefield (for history buffs), and Loch Ness. Just a great place to stay.

Date of stay: September 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Lossiemouth House, Owner at Lossiemouth House, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2024

Thank you very much for your lovely review - we look forward to welcoming you back soon.
All the best Alison and Hugh

Reviewed 25 June 2023

We arrived to a friendly welcome and had a nice chat with Alison and Hugh before being shown to our room. This was a lovely lightsome room with dual aspect and the ensuite was very well thought out making the most of the space. Great shower facilities and luxury toiletries. There was a lovely welcoming tray with a very good selection and the added surprise of shortbread.
We both had a very comfortable nights sleep and the choice of porridge at breakfast was surprising-so many options. Excellent porridge, the best I have ever tasted. The cooked breakfast was equally as special in quality and presentation.
A very interesting couple who made us feel very welcome in their home and were very helpful in points of interest and helping us make the most of our time.
Thank you both Alison and Hugh, we look forward to visiting again

Room tip: I think any room here would be a good room. Room 4 which we were in was lovely and you could see the water front from our window
Date of stay: June 2023
Lossiemouth House, Owner at Lossiemouth House, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2023

Dear Sharon, wow what a lovely review - thank you so much, we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay here.
We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 13 June 2023

Lossiemouth House was the perfect place to stay while exploring the Moray Coast. Our room was clean and comfortable and within easy walking distance of everything in town. The beaches here are incredible - lots of places to go walking. And lots of great things to do an see within a short drive. This was the best breakfast we had in all of Scotland. Alison and Hugh go out of their way to make you feel comfortable. Loved this place and will go again when we are in Scotland next.

Date of stay: June 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Eddie - wow thank you so much for your lovely kind review, it was so lovely to meet you on your recent trip. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Scotland - all the best Alison and Hugh

Reviewed 28 April 2023 via mobile

Lossiemouth house was much more than I expected. The room was spacious, clean and had everything I needed. The owners could have not done more to make us feel welcome. Breakfast was superb. A great stay for us. Would stay again if i was coming to Lossiemouth.

Date of stay: April 2023
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Alison Taylor, Owner at Lossiemouth House, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2023

Wow, thank you so much for leaving us such a lovely review, we are so pleased that you enjoyed your recent stay here. Let's hope that you can stay longer next time!
All the best Alison and Hugh

Reviewed 5 April 2023 via mobile

I visit Scotland with work a few times a year and, if the accommodation is booked by a colleague, I usually end up in Elgin.
Visiting last November saw me getting to choose and I just plumbed for staying in Lossiemouth itself - largely because it was much closer to work (only 1 mile instead of 5).
Sifting through the ‘company approved’ list I came upon Lossiemouth House B&B, liked the look of it and then thought nothing more.
Fast forward to our arrival, we were warmly greeted by Hugh and shown to our rooms, I certainly couldn’t complain about mine. Clean, tidy and well appointed, everything was right there for my 9 night stay. Breakfasts were splendid and, when evening meals were cooked, they were excellent too. Alison and Hugh were extremely welcoming, friendly and accommodating to my dietary requirements.

So I rebooked for my most recent visit, upon arrival I’d realised that, ignoring the AMEX advert, I had indeed ‘left home without it’! Hugh had initially said he wouldn’t be doing evening meals for the first few days of my stay as they were extremely busy - upon hearing about my failure to prepare, he immediately scrubbed that and ensured I was properly fed on the Monday and Tuesday evening. Thank you kind Sir!

He and Alison were more than happy to accept my Signed For delivery on the Wednesday - and I was able to grant them their reprieve from cooking for a little time.

I mentioned my dietary requirements, I’m one of those awkward vegans, and sometimes struggle to find interesting (and varied) things to eat away from my usual stomping grounds, but Hugh and Alison made sure I avoided that predicament. The food was fantastic, varied and always interesting, my compliments go to the chefs (yup, Hugh and Alison again).

In summary, if I’m booking the accommodation, I’m going back there again and again. No returning to regular, impersonal hotels again for me.

Thank you both for being so wonderfully welcoming, and I look forward to seeing you both again in the future.

Room tip: Parking at the B&B, but park ‘sensibly’.
Date of stay: March 2023
Trip type: Travelled on business

You'd better just keep coming back too! Aww Andrew thank you so much for your lovely and very kind review. We are absolutely delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and of course, as I hope you know, Hugh just loves conjuring up exciting meal options.

Would you believe that the day after you left we received the vegan chocolate and peanuts that we had ordered in for you to try (typical!) hopefully they will still be in date for your next visit lol.

Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you again soon

Many thanks and all the very best
Alison and Hugh