“Very pleasant and comfortable”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lossiemouth
Ceilidh Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #6 of 6 Lossiemouth B&B and Inns
Buntingford, United Kingdom
“Very pleasant and comfortable”
Reviewed 12 September 2013

We had two rooms both of which were very clean and comfortable. Good showers with nice towels. Even fresh milk provided. Easy parking either on the road immediately out front or in the back. Breakfast was well cooked and presented in nice surroundings. Good value for money.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Tedfeather
Heather J, Owner at Ceilidh Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 14 September 2013
Many thanks for taking the time to post a review. I am happy to hear that everything was clean and to your satisfaction.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Birmingham England
Reviewed 9 September 2013

arrived aprox 4pm and was checked in straight away. I was offered fresh milk for my tea and was shown to my first floor single ensuite room. My room was a good size probably one of the biggest single rooms Ive had. It was spotlessly clean and very fresh I couldnt fault a thing. My bed was very comfortable with fresh/new linen. There was an extra blanket and pillow available. There was a clock radio alarm, Kettle tea, coffee and shortbread, Mini fridge to keep your fresh milk in, Hairdryer, TV with DVD player comfy chair to relax in and storage place with ample coat hangers.

The bathroom was of reasonable size. Good shower with a shower curtain that didnt stick to your body! Plenty of warm water more than enough shower gel, shampoo, conditioner and body lotion. Plenty of clean fresh towels. The toilet was a slow filler to keep the noise down and save water.

There was no internal or external noise. My room overlooked the car park. There is a bus stop in both directions outside the hotel and you are a few minutes walk for the sea which is flat.

Breakfast - I enjoyed my breakfast both days. You have a choice of cereals, fruit juice, yogurts, pastries and I had haggis, potato scone, bacon, sausage and fried egg. You can get beans, black pudding and eggs however you want them scrambled, boiled, poached etc. Toast jams and marmalade. Fresh tea and coffee.

Tourist leaflets in the foyer and if youve forgotten anything like toothbrush or comb you can purchase them for a small fee.

I really couldnt fault my stay there was nothing I could even start to think about as a negative. Loved my stay!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Heather J, Owner at Ceilidh Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 11 September 2013
Many thanks for your detailed, excellent review. I am glad we were able to meet your requirements and make your stay enjoyable.
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 16 August 2013

There are so many things on a wish list when staying at a B&B. Nice, clean rooms. Comfy bed. Warm shower. Ample supply of shortbread on the tea and coffee tray etc. All of these things we found, to our delight, at Ceilidh B&B. The standard of both the room and the en-suite facility was first rate.
The range and quality (and amount!) of breakfast was high, and the service was very nice and friendly.
We participated in a local, week-long sports event, which meant that we generated a constant supply of soaking shoes and wet running clothes. The owners were extremely accommodating, even putting on the radiator in the hallway (in July!) so we could dry our shoes, and they were kind enough to lend us a hanger to dry socks on etc! We even found our shoes stuffed with newspaper, so they would dry faster. All this is signs of service well above average.
We would definitely stay here again, and we would be happy to recommend this B&B to our friends.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Heather J, Owner at Ceilidh Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 17 August 2013
Many thanks for your glowing review, We try to provide the kind of thoughtful hospitality we would like to receive if we were staying somewhere and glad you feel we achieved it!
We are glad you had a good if somewhat wet time at the event and hope to see you next time it is held in Moray.
Reviewed 9 August 2013 via mobile

On a fishing weekend by myself , long story, anyway I wanted a clean and tidy no frills room and that's what I got, a door opening straight onto the car park so I don't disturb anyone else coming and coming at silly o'clock in the morning, wireless Internet free of charge, tea coffee tv in the room and en suite, just what the doctor ordered, thank you to the polite and friendly hosts

Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Heather J, Owner at Ceilidh Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 12 August 2013
We are happy to hear that we provide exactly what we aim to achieve and that you found our facilities met your requirements. . Good old fashioned value in a clean and friendly establishment. Hopefully all the issues dogging your break are now resolved and we hope to see you again in the future. Thanks for the Trout it made a fantastic Sunday Lunch.
North Yorkshire
Reviewed 25 July 2013

Adequate, but with a little imagination, could have been a lot better. Breakfast was fine, but spoiled by lack of proper coffee and decent marmalade.The tiny basin in the bathroom was a bit of trial, and flushing the lavatory proved rather demanding! Nevertheless, the Ceilidh was very clean, and in a marvellous location very close to the seafront.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Christopher R
Heather J, Owner at Ceilidh Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 28 July 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We are happy that you found us to be in a good location and were very clean.

We are very disappointed that you did not enjoy your night in our accommodation. We have tried to imagine every desire of our guests and we endeavour to make our B&B a pleasant experience for all, whist offering a competitive rate.

In order to achieve this we continually evaluate comments in our guest book and feedback forms most of which say we are excellent and exceeded expectations for a 3* accommodation.

From the feedback, we have added to the services we offer. Eg. In addition to upgrading the furniture and the usual amenities within the bedrooms we have included a Mini fridge and guests are offered fresh milk for their refreshments. We have increased the selection of drinks in the room to include: fair-trade coffee, decaffeinated coffee, tea, green tea and hot chocolate and a Dean’s of Huntly shortbread biscuit.

We offer locally sourced breakfast ingredients; Clarke butcher’s sausage, haggis, & black pudding and bread from Scotbake Inverness. There is also the choice of tinned and fresh fruit, 2x fruit juices, yoghurt, 5x cereals, cereal bars, cheeses, pastries, cereal toppers and Robertson’s preserve portions. I am sorry that you were disappointed by the Robertson’s preserves and no fresh coffee; we aim to accommodate as many tastes as possible by offering a range of drinks & preserves.

Unfortunately when converting a house built in 1901 to add En-suite facilities to each room we had to make concessions, which is why the facilities are compact.

Thank you for notifying us of the toilet fault, its pity you didn’t have time to complete our feedback form during your stay, we could have got the plumber in much sooner.

We would appreciate your insight on how we can improve but maintain our competitive prices.
Livingston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2013

I was a bit late booking this Guest House but glad I did. It looks like a small cottage on the outside but a bit like the Tardis inside. Several double rooms that I could see and all well appointed.The room space we had was very generous. En-suite and the bed was very comfortable. We also ahd friends staying at the same time and their comments are very similar.
The host was very kind and considerate and was more thanprepared to accommodate our late comings and goings.
I ahve to say he's also a very good cook. The breakfast meal was ample and more if you wanted it. An unending supply of tea - which definitely gets my vote.
The en-suite was a wee bit tight but the shower more than made up for it.
As it's probably just over a hundred yards from a piece of the best (and uncrowded) beach I've seen in a long time I think I can say if we're in the area again, we'll definitely book here.

Room Tip: This guest house is in a quiet part of the town so almost any room is a good choice. For those with...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank artifex1954
Heather J, Owner at Ceilidh Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 30 May 2013
Many thanks for your comments, We have never thought our house as a Tardis before. It is an average a town house, that we renovated with a lot of thought and planning and advice from a great architect to make the very best use of the space we have and provide each room with its own en-suite. So perhaps that's why you thought it was like the Tardis. This would also account for the en-suite being a bit tight to ensure enough space in the bedrooms.
I am very happy that you found Ian to be accommodating and a good cook, meaning you were able to enjoy the local supplied breakfast ingredients.
I am also delighted that you are as impressed with the wonderful beaches as we are. They are amazing for visitors and wildlife too!!
Harderwijk, The Netherlands
Reviewed 13 May 2013

If Scotland is a fairy tale, then the Ceilidh B&B should be in it! Superb! Friendly service, clean and beautifully furbised room, fine location and complete scottish breakfast! Owner spends a lot of care to the guests and the B&B itself...

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Hans V
Heather J, Owner at Ceilidh Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 14 May 2013
I am very happy to hear that you found us to be superb.
Without constructive feedback we may not be aware of any issues so thanks again for taking the time to write this wonderful review. Based on our feedback ( positive and the not so good) we have implemented a programme of continuous upgrades & improvements to make your stay with us as enjoyable and value for money as we possibly can, so its great to get such a glowing review.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lossiemouth
Stotfield Hotel
#2 of 6 in Lossiemouth
The Lodge Elgin
The Lodge Elgin
#8 of 22 in Elgin

Been to Ceilidh Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!