“The best and worst”

The Lossie Chip Shop
Reviewed 25 July 2021 via mobile

Visited Lossiemouth in July and this chippy was a 5 min walk from our digs.

Probably the best chips I’ve had in a long time, big chunky chips, light fluffy, not greasy. Had a fish supper another day and the fish was decent- batter was crispy, not hard or chewy.

The downside was the wait - over 20 mins outside waiting just to order. Covid isn’t an excuse as loads of places get this tight and they’ve had over a year to sort it. When a chippy is busy, fresh chips are always on the go and everything else takes 5 mins to cook?

To be fair, once the order was in, it didn’t take long, but they need to sort out the ordering process- it’s a farce.

Date of visit: June 2021

Reviewed 2 June 2021

Visiting the area and fancied fish and chips so searched online and found the lossie fish and chip shop, wife and I had a fish supper and can honestly say its the best we have had in years,kids had nuggets and pizza and voted them excellent, staff were friendly and efficient, highly recommended

Date of visit: June 2021
Reviewed 23 April 2021

We popped over to Lossie today to treat ourselves to a lovely chippy lunch in the sunshine. The No 1 and only place in my book, The Lossie Chip Shop. Today our desire was white and red pudding wi gorgeous golden chips. Mmmm delicious as always. It comes as no surprise to us as everything is always super tasty.
Even thru all the disruption we've all been suffering Tootie and staff have given excellent service, taking orders by phone as well as at the door, alway happy to see you and keeping standards high.
Thanks. Be back soon!

Date of visit: April 2021
Reviewed 21 April 2021

Ordered my food, they got the order wrong so I corrected them. When the food came it was wrong again. Clearly don’t pay attention when you are ordering.

As for the food, it was very bland and half of the chips were solid!

Well done for being the worst chip shop Iv ever been to.

Date of visit: April 2021
Reviewed 28 March 2021

This is my first trip advisor review, the food was so tasteless that I had to share. I ordered at the door 2 fish suppers and a portion of curry sauce around tea time on Saturday evening. It is safe to say that I will definitely not be returning!!!

One of my fish was burnt and the other had barely any batter on it. It was tasteless and I had expected better as I was recommended the chip shop from a friend. The chips were like mush, and I received hardly any chips for the £7.20 price I paid for EACH fish supper. The curry sauce went straight into the bin as it was so thick. I tried to phone the shop to complain to the owner, but there was no answer after several attempts. The lady that I think was in charge didn’t really seem like she had wanted to be there as I was met with a sour face when I smiled at her out of politeness.

I do not recommend this chip shop to anyone !!!

Date of visit: March 2021