“Great hosts!”
Review of Eastbank Hotel

Eastbank Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Rothes
Reviewed 16 August 2012

I loved this hotel. Much much better than most of the upscale hotels in big cities. Rooms are simple. There is a shared bathroom. And there is plenty of whisky!

But most importantly, the owners make this stay a fantastic experience. I was eating my eggs&bacon and I still have bacon left on the plate while I'd already finished the eggs - the owner came by said with a Scottish accent "you need to eat more lad!" and ordered the cook to prepare more eggs.

Both me and my spouse were just positively shocked with such hospitality. She really likes to take care of her guests! I've taken some business cards when we were checking out and I gave them to some friends that like whisky because Rothes is a good starting location for distillery trips.

I miss this place and can't wait to find another opportunity to go there again!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank couple1000

Reviewed 17 June 2012

What can I say....106 different whiskeys and some of the most accomodating owners I've experienced.

I too was one of the 8 on the Queens Jubilee Stag Weekend to Rothes tour referenced by Paul J in the below review, and a second his comments totally! They arranged transport at all times of the day to and from the airport, to various distilleries throughout the day, and even organised fishing licence for the Sunday morning.

A great place to stay as a small or larger group, and I wouldn't hesitate booking in with my family on a separate trip in the future.

***MANY THANKS***

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 June 2012

I stayed at the Eastbank during the Queen's Jubilee weekend as part of a stag party of 8. I cannot say enough good things about the Eastbank. The rooms were spacious and clean and the shower was great (an absolute must when clearing a whisky hangover!!)

We ate dinner at the hotel on the first night and I have to say the steak was one of the best I have ever tasted (and I have tasted a lot!) Breakfast was huge. A full Scottish breakfast with all the trimmings. The 8 of us couldn't finish the banquet we were served on both mornings.

But the most endearing feature about the Eastbank is the staff. As the organiser of the stag party, they made my life so easy. There was nothing they couldn't do for us. They confirmed our distillery bookings for us, sorted out fishing, arranged transport for the weekend (including driver), opened the bar for us whenever we needed it, provided local knowledge.... the list genuinely goes on. They also supported us through our weekend's challenge of consuming all 106 (!!) whiskies in their bar (yes, we did it!!)

I want to say a huge thank-you to Sue, Maureen, Arthur, Kathy, Lisa and all the team at the Eastbank for making the stag weekend truly memorable.

Highly recommended to anyone looking for perfect hospitality at an affordable price in Speyside!!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Paul J
Reviewed 6 May 2012

We enjoyed our whisky adventure and we were welcomed well by the hosts. The breakfast was really good and we hope to come back soon.
Family Hennes

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank hennes_10
Reviewed 25 January 2012

I was in Rothes 9 years ago! Maureen is the greatest person I know in my life! I miss you mom... Love you!!! I put the date 2011 because Idont heve more options...

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Carmen A
Reviewed 11 December 2011

Eastbank Hotel was the second stop of our whisky tour of Scotland, such a beatiful location, perfect care and attention. We have to share the rooms within and share the WC /showers with others, but we don't complain. The food was excellent examples of Scottish food, the bar stays open late and there were 100 different types of whisky for us to enjoy. Good food, drinks, music, friendly atmosphere. Sue and Maureen, you are great people, we will visit you again, but this time we will bring our families, as promised...

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed 2 October 2011

A very warm welcome, unbooked lunch cheefully provided, excellent facilities. !st class evening meal , over a 100 whiskies to chose from in the small but friendly bar. Quite close to /glenfiddich distillery (worth visithing).

Room Tip: advance booking