“Wonderful Place”
Review of Eastbank Hotel

Eastbank Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Rothes
Reviewed 5 August 2013

I stayed at the Eastbank Hotel in Rothes on July 26 & 27, 2013.
The room was extremely large and spotless clean.

All of the staff are very friendly and make you feel at home and welcome with each conversation.
The service and food is top notch. I would highly recommend the Angus cake with custard for dessert.

I will gladly return if I am in the Rothes area for another visit.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank G C

Reviewed 14 June 2013

Eastbank hotel was great, the breakfast was marvelous, and the staff was super friendly. Six of us reserved 3 rooms - one three person and shared bathroom, and two twins. I personally stayed in the three-person room, which was pretty big and comfortable. This came with a shared bathroom in the hallway, but that (luckily) wasn't an issue. The only problem we might've had (if we weren't so jetlagged) was that our window faced the road and that there's always trucks driving by (to and from the distilleries) throughout the night. But, there's really nothing you can do about that, and besides, it won't be a problem if you've had enough whisky.

The locations perfect - just a brisk walk to any of the local distilleries. Parking is also a super easy, since there's a lot across the street. The bar has 100+ whiskies for you to try, some of which are from distilleries that aren't in existence anymore. Liam, the bartender, is always good for a story and an opinion of which whisky to have next.

But for us, the breakfast is what made our stay. Beans, eggs, toast, bacon, sausage - that's part of a standard scottish breakfast and hard to tell the great from just good. But, the haggis and black pudding! It was the first thing i ate in scotland, and it's what i remember the most. If we were ever to come back to the speyside region, we'd definitely stay at eastbank again.

1  Thank johny940
Reviewed 4 June 2013

I enjoyed my stay here--the staff was very friendly. the complimentary breakfast was great (with haggis, black pudding, sausage, eggs, everything) and there is a bar with a good selection of whiskeys. Wi-fi was available throughout most of the house. I would return again if I was in the area.

Reviewed 14 May 2013

The four of us always pop into this wonderful Hotel when we are up for the Speyside Whisky Festival, to take advantage of their wonderful High Tea. If you're in need of some sustinence after a day's whisky sampling, then this is the place to come. Friendly staff, a well-jolly cook / owner, and a marvellous example of home cooked comfort food without breaking the bank. The selection of whiskies behing the bar is also a joy to behold - I must try more next time. One of our little joys of discovery - you know what I mean - one to return to again and again. HAve to try the rooms next!

Reviewed 7 April 2013

Just got back home from a four day shutdown in Rothes,and was booked into this hotel by my firm.I don't normally leave reviews about where I stay as I work away from home alot, but I thought this place was worth a mention.From the the friendly staff to the locals who drink there you could not get a better welcome.Would recommend a stay here if ever you find yourself in the area.If your working or even just visting the area you are sure to get a warm welcome and as I was told more than once "No one leaves my tables hungry." Great food,great hospitality thanks again for making us feel so at home after a long days graft.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 April 2013

The Hotel made me feel at home and the staff just went that extra mile to make your stay very relaxing!! Very very good homemade food and a fantastic gym to burn off all that filling food! Amazing selection of whiskeys! i dare you to get through them all!!! Overall, all i can say is "ill be back!"

Room Tip: Room 4 - Very good Wi-Fi
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 February 2013

We stayed here for a whiskytrip round the area, and it was a perfect startingpoint. The hotel is run by Maureen and Albert, a elderly nice couple, who go a long way to make you feel at home. The rooms are simple and old, but clean and cousy. The bathrooms are common and old, but at the price it is ok. The food in the restaurant is full and plenty, and the beer is cold :-) What more to ask?

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rothes
The Station Hotel
Premier Inn Elgin Hotel
Laichmoray Hotel
Laichmoray Hotel
#2 of 7 in Elgin

Been to Eastbank Hotel? Share your experiences!