“brisbane house review”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Largs
scotland
“brisbane house review”
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Stayed their for two nights.
Manager and staff could not be better.
Our welcome was excellent
Service in the hotel great.
Room was very good.
Food excellent told staff to tell Chef our dinners both nights very very good..
Would go back.
Restaurant.reception.bar looks all brand new.

Room Tip: Sea view ask for upgrade if you can small charge
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
Reviewed 22 October 2013

I've stayed at the Brisbane a few times, have a good time there but it needs a bit of a makeover. i hope they can put the place back on the map. Views are great, staff are helpful but it was a bit dusty for me and needed a good clean stayed 2 nights. Tried to tell the staff but they didn't want to know really. Please can you get a grip thankyou.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Sean B

Travellers are raving about these Largs hotels

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 19 October 2013

I stayed in this hotel midweek in October to attend a wedding. I stayed 2 nights but only paid for one (the first night was paid for me; a few of us staying in the Glen Room, unsure how much this was. The second night cost me ₤60, room 108).

I found it lovely. Nice view of the sea, reception staff very helpful and friendly, they didn't mind when I asked if I could print off a speech I'd written! And I know that this is at their discretion so thank you. The rooms were nicely furnished, decorated, clean. The housekeeping did a good job especially since they have organise their cleaning around a tidal rhythm of daily wedding parties arriving and leaving.

The wedding (130 people) went along without a hitch, people were organised well and the food was nice.

The manager is a character, I found him very amusing. Some of the reviews on here I feel are a bit unfair about him! My impression was that he enjoyed working there and took pride both in his hotel and in providing good guest service.

NB they also provide a small bus service which I believe will drop off/pick up within small distances - something that was very useful at midnight for some girls attending the wedding who had had to book in a BnB up the road (I'm not sure if this needs to be arranged in advance or not, sorry).

With regards to the 2nd bar, we checked in the night before the wedding we were attending and used this other bar to have some quiet drinks and a catch up. Quite right that it shouldn't be an overspill for the rather more inebriated wedding guests who have their own bar!

I'm giving this hotel the full 5 stars because I had a fantastic time, and it was value for money for me because I didn't have to pay for the first night. I will note that there were a couple of plumbing issues (shower drained very slowly in the Glen Room leading to some floor flooding - fixed with some plunging by reception, and the bridal suite toilet had blocked, which again I believe was fixed promptly however these didn't really affect me directly, or spoil my stay).

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Saltcoats, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 October 2013

The hotel was our choice to have our 2 day conference, we could have got cheaper but no way could we have got better. We took over 16 rooms - each one tastefully decorated & absolutely spotless. Rooms were spacious with decent sized bathrooms too. We had breakfast,lunch & dinner each day & the food was really nice, good size portions. Nothing was any trouble for any of the staff especially the manager Martin who was really approachable & worked hard to make sure we had everything we needed. A definite hit with all of our delegates.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 October 2013

I booked this hotel as a surprise to take my girlfriend away for the weekend, after I booked it I checked trip advisor (which I dont normally do) and I was pretty shocked at some of the horrific unfair reviews!

On our arrival, the receptionist couldn't have been of any more help to us. The room we were provided was clean, modern and very spacious and the view from the window just topped it off.

The staff throughout the hotel were all extremely friendly and very helpful despite the hotel being very busy nothing was a bother to them. Henry's restaurant (within the hotel) do a wonderful 3 course meal for £10.99 each!!! You really cannot moan at that!

All in all, I am so glad I chose to go to Largs and stay in the Brisbane and would urge anyone to try it.

• Stayed October 2013
Stroud, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 October 2013 via mobile

Hotel is ideally situated on the sea front at Largs with local amenities close by and a good sized hotel car park.
Staff are friendly and helpful. Rooms good size and well equipped. I had a front facing room with great view. Nice modern bathroom.
Food was nicely presented and good service.
Did not affect me but there is no lift so would be difficult for disabled customers.

• Stayed October 2013
Saltcoats, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 September 2013

Recently celebrated my son's wedding in this hotel(22/09/2013). We all thoroughly enjoyed the day the hotel was splendid excellent decor and furnishings throughout it in an excellent location with a nice front terrace overlooking the sea front with the islands in the horizon we got some great photos of the bride and groom just as the sun was setting which was a great back drop. The hotel provided an excellent wedding package with cheery attentive staff excellent meal and service. The hotel also has a large comfortable bridal suite and tastefully furnished guest rooms for guests requiring overnight stays. Would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a wedding venue.

Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Largs
Seamill Hydro
#10 of 24 in Largs
The Queen's Hotel
The Queen's Hotel
#15 of 24 in Largs

Been to Brisbane House Hotel? Share your experiences!