“Poor value for money”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Largs
Paisley
“Poor value for money”
Reviewed 19 March 2014

I stayed at Brisbane Hotel late November '13, this was my first experience of the hotel and the second time my wife had stayed here.

The hotel has a lovely setting overlooking Largs beach, the entry to the hotel is very modern and welcoming, as were the reception staff who quickly dealt with the oversight of a travel cot not being assigned to our room.

The room itself, for me, was a massive let down. The room was extremely small in size with virtually no space for the small travel cot making the stay uncomfortably squashed, the decor was little better than average however it was certainly clean. I can only assume the room was situated above the main function room within the hotel as the noise levels were incredible, in fairness there was a wedding on however I felt it impossible to actually sleep until the music stopped around 2am. I had called reception on two occasions however I got no reply each time. Thankfully my 2yr old son didn't find any problem in sleeping.

In fairness to the hotel, I didn't make them aware of my complaint the following morning as I left for work very early the next morning and didn't have the time. Due to this I am also unable to rate the breakfast - which I'm told was nice.

My rating is largely based on the room size/quality, especially considering the cost, and the noise within the room - if it was a Premier Inn I'd certainly be looking for my 'no sleep' money back.

Room Tip: Ask for a room to the west side of the hotel to ensure you are not near to or above the function roo...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Bryan264

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
glasgow
Reviewed 16 March 2014

We stayed at the Brisbane Hotel on 15th March 2014 using an itison voucher . On arriving at the hotel we were told our room was not ready we were asked to have a seat in the restaurant area and offered a complimentary drink the waitress then came over and told us our room would be about a 30 minute wait and gave us a complimentary lunch we thought this more than made up for our room not being ready. The staff could not have been any nicer. We stayed on the 2nd floor room 201 the room was clean but could do with a bit of a makeover large stain on the ceiling from water damage really needs to be addressed , the leather sledge bed has seen better days .The floor boards were really creaky so people underneath must have heard us walking about. Also when other guests are having a shower the noise comes straight through the room.Our shower also did not work this only came to light in the morning before we checked out so we informed staff of this. We probably would stay again if we got another deal but definitely would not pay full price.

Room Tip: Ask not to be given room 201.
1 Thank molly072
Glasgow
Reviewed 14 March 2014

Enjoyed a lovely two day break at this hotel. Food was superb and amazing value for money and staff could not do enough for us. The modern decor was appealing and lighting was stylish . We will be back!

Room Tip: Lovely view from room 205 front facing
Hamilton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 March 2014 via mobile

First visit to Brisbane for a couple of years but still as lovely as we remembered it. Good service, lovely food- our only gripe was the noisy floorboards from the room above but we pointed this out when we checked out - don't believe in slating the hotel on here and sure they will look into the problem. We only stayed one night so was not a big deal. Will be back in future as it is a great comfortable hotel in a central location. Great deal through Itison.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Elizabeth M
Port Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 March 2014

my partner and i stayed overnight last week at the brisbane house hotel and had a really enjoyable stay.the worst thing about it was the weather but i suppose you cant hold anyone responsible for that!!
check in was efficient,staff all friendly and helpful(sorry cant remember names),it waas nice to have a glass of wine brought up to the room-nice gesture.
the room we had was comfortable and clean-well decorated.nice to have a larger tv to watch instead of those wee portable efforts.
the food at the hotel was second to none-excellent menu,a 3 course meal was incuded in the deal price as was a full cooked breakfast.there was an extensive menu to choose from,all food cooked to perfection.
i stuggled to find fault with the stay package-i think the only thing i found was that the bedroom was too warm despite the radiator being off.

we would definately go back there,might just call in for lunch next time we are in largs.

Paisley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 March 2014

A massive thank you to all at the Brisbane House Hotel. We were married here on Friday and had the perfect day, exceeded my expectations at every turn. The wedding planners Liz & Marion are so professional, lovely and helpful, the most stress free wedding ever. We were made to feel special from start to finish nothing was too much trouble. Everything ran so smoothly. The food was lovely, service was fast - again perfect! All our guests have been saying its the best wedding they have ever been to, praise indeed,

For anyone looking to book a wedding venue I honestly couldn't recommend the Brisbane House hotel any higher. amazing venue with wonderful staff who will ensure you also have the perfect day.

Many many thanks!!!
Mr & Mrs Crossan

Room Tip: On the eve of the wedding We stayed in the family Glen Room. beautiful 4 poster bed. 2 sofa beds in...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Kilbarchan, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 March 2014 via mobile

Have just returned with my elderly mother from an overnight stay on an Itison voucher deal . I have to be honest was a bit apprehensive after reading some of the reviews on here. I shouldn't have worried , a lovely friendly welcome from Pauline and efficient check in meant we were soon upstairs in our spacious twin room overlooking the sea .. The bathroom was spacious and had a lovely walk in shower which was ideal for my mum.

A few minutes later and a gentleman brought us a lovely glass of Prosecco and we sat and took in the views before heading out for the rest of the day. Our deal also included a 3 course meal and can say that the quality, quantity and choice was excellent with great service from Jordan. The breakfast in the morning fulfilled our needs with good choice and again the young woman (sorry cannot remember her name )was very friendly and looked after all her guests .

I did hear a few creaky floorboards but so what I can honestly say the room , food and service we received from all the staff we met including the other 2 receptionists was excellent . We also spoke to a couple of older ladies who were there too and they had nothing but praise for the room food and friendly staff too. My advice is go find out for yourself and remember everyone has different expectations and views and what suits some doesn't suit others .

My mum aged 91 years had a great time and said she will be back soon and will bring her friends in for food when they are down rather than go to their normal haunt nearby so watch out for 4 sprightly 80 - 92 year olds shortly.

Stayed March 2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Largs
Seamill Hydro
#1 of 3 in Rothesay
Woodhouse Hotel
Woodhouse Hotel
#10 of 24 in Largs

Been to Brisbane House Hotel? Share your experiences!