“Excellent Wedding experience” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Largs
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Excellent Wedding experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

We had our wedding at Brisbane Hotel in Spring 2014 and it was a truly fantastic and memorable experience. We got an excellent deal and our wedding coordinators (Liz & Marion) were very helpful and accommodating from day one right through the wedding itself. Although we had a few glitches which put us slightly behind schedule, the staff did not make us feel rushed but helped us to get things on track to make our day special. Everything was excellent, from the wedding venue, meals, the hospitality, accommodation and the breakfast the next morning.

I would definitely recommend this lovely beach hotel for weddings.

A&K

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank AnnaKal2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
Saltcoats, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

We had our wedding here on Sunday 29th June and were absolutely delighted with this establishment. Liz and Marion, our wedding planners were excellent and along with their staff made everything run smoothly. The weather was brilliant and this setting helped to make our day even more special. The food was good and the price of drink not as bad as many suggest on here. Rooms were in good condition and clean and I would recommend this as a perfect venue to get married or have a function in.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view room.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank papat82
Largs, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

Went to the Brisbane House Hotel for lunch this afternoon, and was beyond disappointed. There were tables that were dirty and not cleaned for over an hour. When our order was eventually taken buy a surly supervisor it took 35 minutes for the start to come. This was lovely however another 25 minutes later our main course arrived and this was a different story.....my daughters burger was still raw in the middle and had to be sent back and I had half a fish but a whole fish shaped batter. My mother and I were just about finished our meals when my daughters burger was brought to the table with an additional two onion rings that weren't on the plate before. Once my daughter was finish eating my mum and I went to pay the bill, the girl behind the bar asked if everything was ok and when my mum replied no, it was very disappointing her comment was ignored. My daughter spoke with the duty manager who said he didn't agree with our complaints; dirty tables, slow service, poor food, and then he explained it away that there was a function on and that he would call my daughter back. Which at the time of writing this he hasn't. Terrible service, poor quality food, and staff that couldn't care less about the clients. Total shame, have recommended this place in the past as I have had excellent service, not often do we all get a chance to go out to eat together. Will be going to Room, Lounge or Scotts in the future.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
8 Thank AnnH42

Travellers are raving about these Largs hotels

Campbeltown, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

I stayed at the hotel whilst away from home for work. The decor could do with being updated both in the stairways and the room. The staff were cheery and very helpful. I ate in the restaurant downstairs and couldnt fault the food at all. Definately fine for what I needed, a shower and a bed however if I were spending my own money then I would have to think again.

Room Tip: Ask for a front facing room - that way the view will make you forget about the dodgy decor.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
home
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

This was the only hotel we could find in Largs for the size of party we were. The hotel does a great trade in weddings due to its location but as a hotel it leaves a lot to be desired. The furnishings and decor were very tired and the bed was positively uncomfortable. Didn't feel particularly clean and the water pressure in the shower was inadequate. One morning we had no shower water at all. Staff were okay anfd breakfast was pretty good.

Room Tip: You might be better off looking for a local B&B
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Glasgow, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

Stayed at this hotel for our daughters wedding in May. Downstairs was lovely, staff nice and helpful food really nice but our bedroom and my sons was dated and badly needing renovated! Bathrooms were also needing a good scrub! I complained to reception next day she said the manager was not in but would get him to call me! I had to call him and he was most unhelpful and rude!! His excuse for the rooms being like that was they have weddings sometimes Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday and Monday! He said it takes about two weeks to do one bedroom and they are too busy with weddings! We were told when booking the wedding that the rooms were getting renovated that was a year ago! I asked the manager to speak to the owner he said that the owner comes and goes and that I could write to him! I told him that a few guests were unhappy with their rooms and that they were going to send a review to tripadvisor his reply was they could do what they wish! I e mailed the owner asking for him to get in touch with me and have since to hear from him!! Yes I would recommend attending a function in the hotel but would not recommend staying and certainly do not rate the manager!!

Room Tip: Ask to see the room first! Ours had frosted window you could not see out managers reply to this was...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Sutton
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

We stayed here with friends for just one night at the end of May. Given the Tripadvisor reviews, we didn't have particularly high hopes, but initially all seemed fine. Without dwelling on the minutiae of mediocre, the one unacceptable facet was the plumbing - which in the morning didn't work. The toilet was slow to refill, the basin taps spluttered and the shower gave 30 seconds of water - time enough to get soap everywhere - before abruptly stopping. Suspecting my wife was exaggerating, or at least unable to persuade the shower valve to play ball, I tried it. It did exactly the same for me. Given there was no bath as an alternative, I felt it was not unreasonable to mention this criticism to Reception.
A friend who had recommended that we all stay there - taking four rooms - was mortified, on our behalf, and suggested the hotel offer a reduction in the cost of our room.
The unfortunate yet polite receptionist, explained that, in the absence of management, she was forbidden to make any concessions. However, the really interesting part was, that this is because previously Reception had been authorised to offer 10% reductions in the event of complaints, but had recently given away too many 10%'s! I think that tells you all you need to know.
Despite the promise of referring this matter to the hotel's management, no goodwill offer has been forthcoming. Instead the hotel must put up with my ill-will.
Brisbane may work well for a party or a wedding - as a hotel, it is sadly lacking.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Ishkem
Also consider these accommodations in or near Largs
Seamill Hydro
The Waterside Hotel
The Waterside Hotel
#2 of 2 in West Kilbride
Gailes Restaurant and Hotel

Been to Brisbane House Hotel? Share your experiences!