“Great holiday!”
Review of Haus Saron

Haus Saron
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Largs
Haus Saron
Reviewed 26 July 2012

My husband,dog and I spent a week at Haus Saron in the Zion apartment at the beginning of June for our wedding anniversary. We had a great time. Tom and Margaret made us feel really welcome. The grounds were great for our little Alfie and managed to make friends with their dog Holly allowing us to chill out in the garden with a bottle of vino or 2.

Haus Saron is only a 10 minute walk from the town centre and just over the road from the beach.
During the holiday i was heading into town for a hair appointment but unfortunately the weather had changed for the worst (torrential rain) and Tom kindly ran me in...it was greatly appreciated.

We enjoyed our stay so much that we will be booking again for next year. Looking forward to seeing you all again. Many thanks Amanda & Peter

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank petesmrs09

Reviewed 2 January 2012

Stayed with a group of friends for four nights in December 2011; just needed somewhere to eat/sleep staying in apartment 'Zion' and it was fine.

+ very warm, we had to turn down the radiators.
+ kitchen appliances included washing machine and dishwasher; all modern and worked.
+ no problems with parking our two vehicles.
+ place 'felt' clean/fresh including the beds/linen.
+ 10-15 minutes stroll from Largs town.
+ good value.

- shower is a dribble of barely warm water.
- we did have a dollop of doggy-doo on the approaching footpath to circumnavigate but never pestered by the animal itself.

The place does have an 80's feel but for me the only real grumble is the shower. It was good value and would stay again.

Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank G8WVW
Reviewed 9 November 2011

I stayed in ‘haus’ of saron for approximately two weeks and what a ‘haus’ it was! On the first night I thought that my time in the ‘haus’ was off to a flying start after the discovery of knock’em out, a board game circa 1980’s, but close to the conclusion of the game it became apparent that the game was not destined to end as there were three pieces missing. Despite being unfazed by this I wondered if this was going to be symptomatic of the remainder of my stay and that my haus of cards was, indeed, going to tumble around me.

After reading the other reviews, about complimentary bacon under the cushions of the chair, I was looking forward to see what other modern twists could be done on the chocolate on the pillow. Unfortunately, the only thing I received was some complimentary dog excrement on the sole of my shoe. I would strongly advise against a stay here if you don’t like being confronted by dogs.

The flat overall requires updating and has damp issues that need addressing. After using the shower, that was not dissimilar to being squirted by a water pistol, I found out that there were no towels provided!

On balance, the dishwasher was good.

Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
6  Thank Tim N
Reviewed 19 September 2011

Friend and me stayed a few weeks ago in the CoachHouse.It was nice and cosy with an easy stair and good facilities.The dog was happy since he had plenty of space to run around outside and the beach for walks was just across the road.Acommodaation is clean and tidy, warm and comfortable and has Sky TV .We could easily walkt to the town along the nice and level promeande and enjoy the vews to Arran and Cumbrae

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank susan s
Reviewed 15 August 2011

Very poor decor and not very clean for our arrival. Had to spend time cleaning kitchen and bathroom to make them acceptable.
OK for our purpose while attending the OK World champs at the Sailing Club but I wouldn't recommend until they spend time changing the furniture and decor.

Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank BucksFizzUk
HausSaron, Owner at Haus Saron, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2011

Sorry this client was unhappy but we do try - perhaps he was the person that complained about a sticky kitchen floor and when told that it had been washed replied that " there was washing and washing "
Anyway kitchens and bathrooms are cleaned between each let .
This house was built in the 1950's and has been substantially upgraded with central heaing, WiFi and sky TV etc . It is redcorated every 3 years or so. Furniture and fittings are in good order with he bedrooms being good quality pine beds and units . Perhaps the upgrading referred to would mean the removal of the period fireplace and the panelled doors . Most clienstsare quite happy and we have a good return business - in fact one group are returning in 2012 for 3 weeks

Reviewed 5 August 2011

Family get together saw us rent one of the 3 bedroom houses - we enjoyed our stay . It was comfortable with all mod cons . Even free wifi and sky tv . Surroundings are very rural next to a wooded hillside and yet close to the beach and a short walk to the town . Off street parking close to the house meant that we had no problems with security

Room Tip: spacious house with partila sea views