We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Largs
Tigh-An-Struan Guest House
Ranked #6 of 24 Largs B&B and Inns
Reviewed 21 August 2013

My recent stay at Tigh An Struan was a delight! Fantastic location, short walk to town, the waterfront and train station. Scrumptious full breakfast included, YUM! Spotlessly clean, bright, comfortable rooms. And last but not least, a lovely hostess who made us feel right at home...truly, I didn't want to leave!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Melissa M

Reviewed 11 August 2013

Will be back kids loved it wish we could have stayed longer. Pica was friendly and welcoming. Train station on doorstep and close to town and ferry terminal for cumbrae. Rooms all modern freshly painted clean nice view of the stream outside.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank bigshazy
Reviewed 14 July 2013

My husband and I stayed here for an overnight stay as part of our wedding anniversary celebrations this year. Fabulous light and airy room, comfortable bed, great breakfast and wonderful company at breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Evelyn R
Reviewed 9 July 2013

Am a retired teacher. Had been to Scotland before, but not to Southwest. Around March, began to search the Internet, and settled on Largs because of its former role as a seaside resort for Glasgow and its vicinity to a number of Scottish islands. Read some reviews and settled on Tigh an Struan. I said to myself: "If only half of what I hear is true, then Pica and her Guest House must be truly outstanding." I have a teacher friend in Rome, with whom I had worked there, who would truly love to get away from the summer heat of Rome. He agreed to visit Largs with me for two weeks, and so I got in touch with Pica. The rest is history. What a wonderful welcome! My friend Fergus not able to fly in to Prestwick until after midnight. No trouble to Pica who arranged a local taxi. The two single rooms were ideal - lovely and clean, nice en suite, modern flat TV, nice views. etc. But Pica was the real treasure - nothing was too much trouble. Dietary needs were wonderfully catered for, tourist information regarding trips to Glasgow, Ayr, Isles of Cumbrae, Bute and Arran, supplied in great detail, with plenty of personal tips about getting the most out of our visits. The B&B is ideally central, yet sufficiently quiet. Each morning was a pleasure to come down to a more than adequate breakfast, full Scottish or any variations we wished for. Pica was always solicitous for our daily trips, and each evening was always there to find out how we had fared. My friend fegus returned to Rome rejuvenated, and I returned to Dublin almost suffering from home-sickness. Would love to return in the future. God bless Pica, her family and staff. Love and thanks from your two Irish friends.

Room Tip: Rooms to the front have lovely sea views, but even the ones at the back that open onto the railway s...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Donal B
Reviewed 11 May 2013

Had a lovely stay here for three nights at the end of April. Pica, the owner, is a delightful lady; when she's not cheerfully trying to encourage you to eat more for breakfast you can hear her singing melodies through in the kitchen to brighten the day. The room was clean and airy and the bed comfortable - there was a heater too so you can keep it as warm as you like. Less than two minutes walk from the station or town centre, but no noise even with the windows open (I could hear the stream though it was so quiet at the front). I will certainly make it my first choice when I'm next in the area.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Ce1tic_Rover
Reviewed 19 April 2013

Had a really nice over night stay here. The owners are really welcoming and helpful. The room was clean, spacious and well laid out. The breakfast in the morning was filling and set me up for the day ahead. Would recommend staying here. Thank you for your help.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Philippa W
Reviewed 3 April 2013

Warm, friendly, great location and the owner is just wonderful. Really interested in you not just as a guest but as a person. I stayed in January and when I needed to stay in the area again in March it was a no-brainer that I would stay at Tigh-An-Struan. Can't recommend this B&B enough. Rooms warm, comfy and the breakfasts are heroic.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business