“Lovely room, friendly staff”

Innkeepers Lodge Glasgow, Strathclyde Park
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Motherwell
Reviewed 1 September 2014 via mobile

I've recently stayed here and I loved our room. It was very clean, comfortable, there was plenty of room, lots of tea and coffee. My only downfall for this hotel is how Toby Carvery is attached to the hotel. There isn't a lot of choice on the menu if you don't want a carvery. I had a salad and that was beautiful, my chicken was cooked, it was so tender and soft. Unfortunately the queues for a carvery were quite large and it seemed staff were struggling to keep on top. There's a large variety of desserts and they're extremely scrummy. Breakfast for me was lovely apart from a few items served were quite hard (croissants) it was impossible to cut them. Overall I enjoyed my stay at this hotel however I wish I'd known about some of the local attractions so I had something to do in the day. Just a tip, I'd love it if the hotel sold chocolate bars for a snack :)

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Samantha S
Innkeepers_Lodge_01, Public Relations Manager at Innkeepers Lodge Glasgow, Strathclyde Park, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2014

Thank you for posting your kind review about your visit to Strathclyde Park, Innkeeper's Lodge Glasgow on Trip Advisor. It is our aim to give every customer the very best service and experience possible.

Reviewed 31 August 2014

After visiting Scotland many times a year and staying in different hotels the innkeepers lodge will be the only place we will stay from now on!! Beautiful family room with amazing service from all staff from the moment we checked in n even after checking out. A huge thank you to Donald who is one of the most nicest man we have ever met! His customer care and service is top notch made us feel like we were staying with family and not just as a guest. We have recommended innkeepers to all our family and look forward to returning in December. Thank you innkeepers lodge for making our weekend a happy time

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank kelly1976willow

Thank you for your review, it is great to read that you enjoyed your visit to Strathclyde Park, Innkeeper's Lodge Glasgow and I have shared your comments with all the team. We have replied to you personally and look forward to taking care of you again soon.

Reviewed 29 August 2014

This was our first stay in this Innkeeper's lodge. The price was excellent for a family room sleeping four, it is just off the motorway and there is Toby's Carvery attached, so we knew there would be food available.

Check-in is at the Carvery and despite it being very busy we were not made to wait and paid and got our key swiftly.

The room itself was lovely - nicely decorated, clean and friendly. Excellent shower too.

Continental breakfast next morning was included and a nice bonus. When we arrived at the back of 8 there was plenty of choice for toast, croissants, fruit and yoghurts and good coffee.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank MGS44
Innkeepers_Lodge_01, Public Relations Manager at Innkeepers Lodge Glasgow, Strathclyde Park, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your visit to Strathclyde Park, Innkeeper's Lodge Glasgow and we were delighted to read that you enjoyed your time with us. On behalf of all the team we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future and we have replied to you personally asking for a little more information.

Reviewed 22 August 2014

I was surprised to see this place was attached to the Toby Carvery as I had stayed at the Holiday Inn just across the carpark. I arrived late and the lady behind the bar checking me in was most helpful and made sure I got some food in the restaurant. The room was very comfortable and all very affordable, will have no problems staying here again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank get-around62
Innkeepers_Lodge_01, Public Relations Manager at Innkeepers Lodge Glasgow, Strathclyde Park, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2014

Reviewed 20 August 2014

I've stayed here on a number of occasions and regrettably there is still no proper Reception Check-In area. It remains part of the Bar area so in-coming Guests have to stand at the end of the Bar alongside Waiting Staff who are coming back and forward to the same point collecting Drinks Orders for the Restaurant, whilst whoever is dealing with your Check-in has other staff coming back and forward around them to get behind the Bar as they stand at the terminal. On this occasion, I was on my way through the Restaurant to get to my Room when I realised I had not been given my room number. The Room Tag said 108B written on it on it but that did not seem right so being lumped with suitcase, suit carrier, briefcase, coats, etc, rather than go back through the Restaurant I asked a passing member of the Waiting staff to check it for me at Reception. She returned to advise it was Room 7 but on being asked if this was definitely correct she replied "I don't know, nothing to do with me, go and ask a Manager!", put the Key Card in my hand and walked off. A couple of Diners near me had heard her and commented to me that her attitude was totally unnacceptable towards a Guest - I couldn't disagree! After checking into my Room (Spotless) I later met with the Duty Manager and outlined the details of my Check-in process, which she fully agreed was not acceptable. She explained that my Room Tag was missing its number 7 whilst 108B was their System Code for my room but agreed someone should have spotted this Having read the Restaurant Menu before I left my room I asked her if a Guest was not keen on a Carvery, or a Bap or Baguette, why was Salmon Fillets the only Fish option available on the Menu (no Cod or Haddock)? The Salmon is only available as a Salad or with Roast Potatoes and Veg from their Carvery but I had to ask why Chips is not available for any of their Meals? She was unable to answer why they do not offer different Fish or Chips as Options on the Menu and I can only assume that apart from Adults there must also be some unhappy children around because the same applies to their Children's Menu! There is a good choice of Breakfasts available, served by polite staff.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Henry M

Thank you for your review, we do appreciate that you have taken the time to share your comments following your recent visit to Strathclyde Park, Innkeeper's Lodge Glasgow.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

Very impressed with our three night stay. I think the room had recently been refurbished. It was was large with a sofa bed, well stocked tea and coffee and was very clean. Arrived at check in at a very busy time so had to wait whilst they served the diners. Complementary breakfast was fine; be warned they clear away at 9.30am so get in early if you want a choice. Despite being close to the motorway network, there wasn't a problem with noise. Overall a very good value for money stay, We saved 15% as we signed up to their site when we booked.

Room Tip: No lift available at this site.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank lorraine f
Innkeepers_Lodge_01, Public Relations Manager at Innkeepers Lodge Glasgow, Strathclyde Park, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2014

Thank you for your kind review. All the staff here find it very encouraging to see positive feedback, and we are pleased that you enjoyed the experience when you visited us recently. We would love you to visit again, and have replied to you personally.

Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

We recently stayed here for the Commonwealth games. For £109 a night we got an ok bedroom (a bit dated) and awful breakfast. The place was understaffed (we saw one stressed out and rushed off her feet person in 5 days).

The breakfast was poor with the food often running out and due to lack of staff never being replenished. One day we got down at 9.15 and all we had available was cereal. Due to not seeing any staff we were left hungry. One day we opted to try the cooked breakfast (we found no one to order it with) so helped ourselves. The food was awful, soggy and drenched in oil.

I have stayed in a lot cheaper and so much better. A lot of poor hotels are making a lot of money from the commonwealth games. I will not return. If

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SALOPIAN81
Innkeepers_Lodge_01, Public Relations Manager at Innkeepers Lodge Glasgow, Strathclyde Park, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

We are very sorry that you left disappointed, following your stay at Strathclyde Park, Innkeeper's Lodge Glasgow . We have replied to you personally as it is our goal to give every customer the best service possible and your feedback can help us achieve this.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Motherwell
Holiday Inn Express Strathclyde Park M74 Jct5
Bothwell Bridge Hotel
Bothwell Bridge Hotel
#1 of 1 in Bothwell
Premier Inn Glasgow (Bellshill) Hotel

Been to Innkeepers Lodge Glasgow, Strathclyde Park? Share your experiences!