“Best B&B I have stayed in”
Review of Ridgeland House

Ridgeland House
Ranked #1 of 3 Motherwell B&B and Inns
Manchester
“Best B&B I have stayed in”
Reviewed 20 February 2013

My room was big enough to have a party. Very thoughtful hosts. There were even two wine glasses and a corkscrew. Tasty breakfast and delicious scrambled eggs. I highly recommend this establishment. Close to Glasgow, a minute's drive from the M8 and yet out in the countryside.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank QuentinR

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
South Lanarkshire, Scotland
Reviewed 6 January 2013

I spent a few nights with Jim and Margaret to get away from the stresses of Christrmas. They were both very hospitable and made me very welcome. The bedroom was lovely and spacious and immaculately clean with a luxurious shower room with power shower. Anyone thinking of spending a few nights here will be pleasantly surprised as this B&B is of a very high standard and is set in an idyllic situation - rural but very close to M8 motorway should you wish to visit the towns and cities nearby. A proper haven that provided the secluded setting I was looking for. I would highly recommend a visit to this accomodation.

Room Tip: You will not be disappointed by any of the rooms, the farmland surrounding this B&B is exception...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank TheBraes
Cymru
Reviewed 30 December 2012

My career has afforded extensive worldwide travel throughout 20+ years. I have been fortunate enough to stay in some very exlusive hotels and not so lucky on times when only toilet accommodation was available. I have experienced the whole spectrum.
Ridgeland House B&B is simply amazing and puts a very big tick in every box; the quality, the welcome, the breakfast, the view, the beds, the bathroom, the cleanliness, the ample parking and especially the relaxed friendliness of both Maggie and Jim.
Ridgeland House remains beyond competition, even when compared to some so-called posh hotels. *****

Room Tip: Choose any room - they're all top class.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank KimboCymru
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 November 2012

I don't often stay in small B&B's because in my experience you are rarely afforded hotel standard matteresses and it often feels to me like I am visiting a stereotypical old great aunts house or something. HOWEVER Ridgeland House is an exception. This B&B is amazing. It is luxurious, very, very spacious and has great customer service as well as a firm hotel standard bed. Mine was a superking which I think can be separated into singles. Lovely warm host, delicious breakfast, modern comfortable furnishing and decor, everything has a new feel and is spotless. Can't ask for more really. I was travelling on my own and felt relaxed, safe and accepted at all times. Will definitely use again if in the area. Highly Recommended!!!!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank KarenWhib
Reviewed 29 August 2012

It was our wedding anniversary weekend and we decided to go to Scotland last minute. Our final destination was to be the Airth castle hotel but this was unavailable until Sunday 26th. We were very pleasantly surprised upon arrival after travelling up a narrow farm road, only to find Beautiful large modern house. Maggie and Jim were genuinely welcoming and immediately we felt at home. We were very happy. Mathis showed us to our room and our happiness was replaced with ecstacy:-). We were over the moon. It was clean, modern and very large . There is nothing negative to say about the Ridgeland house. I would highly recommend this georgeous B&B to anyone looking for a peaceful break.
Madge and Don from Birmingham.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Wifegreeny
ingelmunster
Reviewed 3 August 2012

it was a very nice b&b at a reasonable price (we paid £ 80 for 2 adults and 2 children with breakfast)
we had a really big and beautifull room, also a brand new bathroom
we will certenly come back
a very big parking and close to the motorway

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Schaessens N
Wakefield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 July 2012

This B & B is a little gem, which we found through Late Rooms. It's handy for access to Glasgow but in a rural location away from the main roads.
Jim and Margaret are so friendly and nothing is too much trouble. The breakfast was excellent. The very large rooms are new and very fresh with lovely views all around.
We can't praise it enough.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ian B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Motherwell
BEST WESTERN Motherwell Centre Moorings Hotel
Dakota Eurocentral
Dakota Eurocentral
#1 of 9 in Motherwell
Holiday Inn Express Hamilton
Best Western Glasgow Livingston Hilcroft Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Strathclyde Park M74 Jct5
Dalziel Park Hotel & Golf Club

Been to Ridgeland House? Share your experiences!