“Great room, warm welcome and chocolates in the room !”
Review of Ridgeland House

Ridgeland House
Ranked #1 of 3 Motherwell B&B and Inns
prudhoe
“Great room, warm welcome and chocolates in the room !”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I stayed here with my two children whilst in area for visits to Falkirk Wheel and Bannockburn. The owners were warm in their welcome and offered me a drink on arrival. The kids opened the door to the cavernous family room to find box of maltesers on the side. The room was excellent with great shower.
Good breakfast in the morning and very reasonably priced.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 April 2014

I'm reluctant to add a good review for this place because I want it to be available for my next trip to Glasgow/Edinburgh, but that would be mean - especially to Margaret, who runs the best B&B we've visited in the area (and we've stayed in a few).

I can't add much more to the reviews on this page. All-round excellence.

Room Tip: They're all good, as far as I could see.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank D C
Salzburg, Austria
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Ridgeland House sets the benchmark for how B&Bs should be run. Everything here is top drawer....from the quality of the accommodation to the quality of the food, not to mention the hospitality.

Margaret and Jim are the perfect hosts and any would-be hoteliers would benefit from doing some undercover work here!

I would recommend Ridgeland House to anyone and it is the perfect spot for those who want to explore Edinburgh, Glasgow, Sterling and the Clyde Valley.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank 431DerekM
Telford
Reviewed 15 November 2013

Well this is the 2nd time we have stayed at a Ridgeland House - the beautiful home of Margaret & Jim.
This time we stayed for 3 nights and everything was perfect - we arrived and Margaret showed us to our room. The first thing I asked was "where is the football", the room was huge, decor brilliant, views stunning, location perfect.

I have stayed at many 5 Star hotels and B&B's in my time but I know I could not find anything better than Ridgeland House.

Margaret & Jim, we will be back in the new year - can't wait for that Scottish breakfast !!

Jim is is the process of building a log cabin for guests - can't wait for that.

Room Tip: ALL the rooms and en suite's are brilliant.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank DenRum
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Thank you margaret...Excellant.. .location..service..value for money..breakfast..facilities..felt like home away from home (felt like taking my shoes off when I came through the door margaret lol). Would love to cone back again.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank naidsali
Bolton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Ridgeland House is a beautiful B&B, And a credit to its wonderful friendly host Margaret. we recently stayed for 2 nights whilst visiting old friends in nearby Wishaw , We had the family room and it was up there with some of the best hotels very comfy and spacious, The house its self is stunning and set in wonderful countryside a little off the beaten track but I found this to be an asset rather than a negative as portrayed in other reviews, Margret is a really friendly host and made us feel welcome from the minute we arrived her breakfast is varied and filling and nothing is to much for her , we will certainly be going back to Ridgeland house in the not to distant future and we are very much looking forward to it already ..I Thank you Margret and hope to see you soon . Jeff / Karen and not forgetting our son ( who still cannot get his head around the Haggis and its ingredients ) From Bolton, England ..

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank jeff h
Tewkesbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 September 2013

Absolutely beautiful hotel. Unbelievable quality for a very reasonable price. Made to feel at home from the minute we a arrived. Rooms are very spacious, well kept and pleasantly decorated. Very clean. Cannot fault it! Would recommend to anyone wanting to stay in the area!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank SWright26
Also consider these accommodations in or near Motherwell
Dakota Eurocentral
The Alona Hotel
#5 of 9 in Motherwell
BEST WESTERN Motherwell Centre Moorings Hotel
Best Western Glasgow Livingston Hilcroft Hotel

Been to Ridgeland House? Share your experiences!