“MIDDLE OF THE ROAD”

The Bentley Hotel
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Motherwell
“MIDDLE OF THE ROAD”
Reviewed 30 September 2013

My friend stayed here while visiting me in Motherwell. The overall impression of the décor is a bit dated and the room/bathroom small (the shower really was a joke, not enough room to turn around, so avoid if you're claustrophobic!). However as a cheap option, it was ok, just ok. Clean enough, comfy bed, pleasant and helpful staff, food not great but adequate (evening dinner and breakfast). The building itself is beautiful from the outside and there is ample parking, very central for shops/bars etc.

Can't slate the place but wouldn't hurry back, ok for a short stay.

Room Tip: If I was booking again, I would ask to see the room and bathroom first, as, reading other reviews, i...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Reviewed 1 September 2013

My husband and I regularly stay at hotels and this has been the worst ever! The room was tiny! There was drinks or food spilled down 2 walls. There was a green stain round the toilet. It needed a good hoover and we only had a tiny attic window with 2 nails sticking out of it as the handle. The room was freezing and generally had an unclean feel . The food was nice but not enough variety for breakfast. Definitely wouldn't recommend or go back!

• Stayed August 2013

Travellers are raving about these Motherwell hotels

Motherwell, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 August 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I visited the restaurant last night with a Groupon voucher (£21 for 2 courses 2 sides and a bottle of wine). As we are from Motherwell it is handy for us and somewhere tbh we had forgotten about as a dining option.

When we arrived we were seated promptly in the conservatory which was busy with most tables taken. They have quite an extensive menu and i would imagine something to suit all tastes. Our food order was taken, I had the crostini followed by macaroni cheese and my boyfriend had pickled herring followed by teriyaki pork. Whilst it is never going to be fine dining I would say it is good wholesome food served quickly and still warm.

Our offer had included a bottle of wine however as we wanted rosé we could only get a half carafe which was about a glass each.

Overall I would definitely recommend as even without the voucher they do a deal 2 courses for £12.95

• Stayed August 2013
3 Thank sweetcheeks72
fakirk
Reviewed 23 August 2013

Rooms were big staff lovely nice breakfast. Good location would stay at this hotel again it was nice and quiet. We were at a family party in Motherwell and had only 5minutes to walk. The night attendant answered the door to let us in

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 August 2013

Was here last night. On the plus side the waiter was friendly and attentive. Only minor gripe is that it would have been good if he had poured the wine rather than plopping the bottle down on the table for us to serve ourselves. They weren't even all that busy. Adequately staffed, I saw 3 waiters and they had about 10 diners that I could see. A decent bottle of wine, and served perfectly chilled in a cooler. Food is ok, menu has a good selection. Quality fair, my starter came with a slice of brown bread and butter. Bread was just going hard at the cut edges. Butter portion was far too soft.
The prices are reasonable. All in all you may take the view that it is a fairly good return for the money. I think 3 stars out of five is fair, if you could do halves I may have stretched it to three and a half.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Larkhall
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Went here for a meal with Friends. The food was good and served piping hot with a nice selection on the menu.

The service left a bit to be desired (this used to be a training hotel if it no longer is, then the staff need some updates really quickly).

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank MIB-53
Reviewed 20 July 2013

My husband and I went here for a meal for the first time and I have to say, thoroughly enjoyed the food and also the service. We visited using a voucher from groupon and had a starter and main course each. The food was lovely and the staff very friendly and helpful. It was not very busy but to be honest, we were quite happy as we were able to choose our own table. We had pate and haggis as starters and both starters were very good. We then had the mixed grill and fish and chips and again were delighted with the food. Service was friendly and fast and we will certainly be back.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple