“Excellent Lunch with Mum”
Review of The Bentley Hotel

and 1 more site!
The Bentley Hotel
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Motherwell
Reviewed 9 December 2013

had an excellent lunch with mum the gammon steak was amazing and the staff were so helpful couldnt ask for anything better they were so cheery and helpful compliments to the chef.

The price was amazing also very cheap for a hotel was expecting to pay alot more than what we did

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 27 October 2013

I attended my in law's Golden Wedding on Friday 25th October within the Scotia Suite and the overall experience was fantastic.
The menu was extensive and the food was excellent, we were a party of 12 and everyone thoroughly enjoyed their meal. The staff were polite, helpful and made everyone feel at ease, special thanks to the manager, he obviously takes pride in his role.
My wife and I would recommend the Scotia Suite for an intimate evening of fine dining with friends and loved ones and we are looking forward to returning for a meal.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 October 2013

Despite living in Motherwell, for some reason we never really think of going to the restaurant in the hotel. However, following family recommendations, 3 of us visited for Sunday lunch.
Good choice of 3 course menu (for £9.95!). Excellent food and value.
Also noted that restaurant has special weekly theme nights (steak, chicken or fish). Looks to be an attractive option.
Will definitely return on a more regular basis.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank malstewart
Reviewed 9 October 2013

We went to The Bentley Hotel with a Groupon voucher not knowing what to expect. We weren't disappointed. We enjoyed the food, wine and service. The young waiter who served us was most helpful and friendly. It's not too far away from us, we enjoyed it and will be back - thank you. I really enjoyed the strange combination of thai curry with banana... yummy... well worth a try!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 September 2013

My friend stayed here while visiting me in Motherwell. The overall impression of the décor is a bit dated and the room/bathroom small (the shower really was a joke, not enough room to turn around, so avoid if you're claustrophobic!). However as a cheap option, it was ok, just ok. Clean enough, comfy bed, pleasant and helpful staff, food not great but adequate (evening dinner and breakfast). The building itself is beautiful from the outside and there is ample parking, very central for shops/bars etc.

Can't slate the place but wouldn't hurry back, ok for a short stay.

Room Tip: If I was booking again, I would ask to see the room and bathroom first, as, reading other reviews, i...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 September 2013

My husband and I regularly stay at hotels and this has been the worst ever! The room was tiny! There was drinks or food spilled down 2 walls. There was a green stain round the toilet. It needed a good hoover and we only had a tiny attic window with 2 nails sticking out of it as the handle. The room was freezing and generally had an unclean feel . The food was nice but not enough variety for breakfast. Definitely wouldn't recommend or go back!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 25 August 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I visited the restaurant last night with a Groupon voucher (£21 for 2 courses 2 sides and a bottle of wine). As we are from Motherwell it is handy for us and somewhere tbh we had forgotten about as a dining option.

When we arrived we were seated promptly in the conservatory which was busy with most tables taken. They have quite an extensive menu and i would imagine something to suit all tastes. Our food order was taken, I had the crostini followed by macaroni cheese and my boyfriend had pickled herring followed by teriyaki pork. Whilst it is never going to be fine dining I would say it is good wholesome food served quickly and still warm.

Our offer had included a bottle of wine however as we wanted rosé we could only get a half carafe which was about a glass each.

Overall I would definitely recommend as even without the voucher they do a deal 2 courses for £12.95

• Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank sweetcheeks72
Also consider these accommodations in or near Motherwell
BEST WESTERN Motherwell Centre Moorings Hotel
Bothwell Bridge Hotel
Bothwell Bridge Hotel
#1 of 1 in Bothwell
Holiday Inn Express Strathclyde Park M74 Jct5

Been to The Bentley Hotel? Share your experiences!