“Decor feels decidedly tired, but food and service was good”
Review of The Bentley Hotel

The Bentley Hotel
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Motherwell
Reviewed 17 April 2014

This hotel looks quite grand on the outside, but the inside feels distinctly dated (and not in a good, traditional sort of way). The ceilings all seem blessed with 70s-era artexing, some door handles feel like they might fall off... you get the picture.

On the plus side, the food for supper was extremely tasty, and service was good.

The hotel was very accommodating about our needs, providing a double-room for myself and partner (and dog), with an adjacent room with 3 beds for our kids, and both rooms were a decent size and had a good bathroom. Our room was particularly huge with a separate bedroom and lounge area, it appears it was two small rooms that have been combined to give one much more generous one.

Location is close to Motherwell Station, and a short distance from Strathclyde Park. There is parking out the front of the hotel, but not very much.

Prices were reasonable, £70 for each room including breakfast, with no extra to pay for either the dog or the third bed in the kids' room.

Room Tip: Room 201 is large with a separate bedroom and lounge area.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 14 April 2014

I spent a night at the Bentley while travelling to Aberdeen, sharing the room with my two siblings. The bed was very lumpy, and the bathroom door wouldn't close (Room 203). The breakfast was particularly bad. I don't eat many foods but I at least expect some cereals and maybe some pastries, but they had your basic hotel breakfast and not much else. overall I was disappointed by my stay at the Bentley.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Went for lunch today at The Bently, 2 courses for £8.95....

Stepping into the Bently is a bit like going back in time BUT the food is excellent & good value for money. Not only that, the menu is varied with just the right amount of choices for starters, mains & deserts.

The service was fantastic & we were given a £30 off voucher for our next visit.

I really can't recommend this place enough & look forward to going back :)

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 9 March 2014

I stayed here for one night as I was attending a function and I must say I was rather disappointed with my stay. My sister was given the keys to some else's room. The light wasn't working in my room. The shower had very poor water pressure and was freezing cold, I was in a hurry so just had to go with it. The shower then fell off the wall and hit me in the head. It took Maintenance 10 minutes of fiddling with it to get any hot water from it. I was told the room was hardly used and it just needed time to heat up, but I would have had to turn it on for 25 minutes before using it for this to happen. Hair dryers are kept at reception if you need one. The food wasn't very nice my lunch was dry and dinner even worse. My evening meal was two peppers stuffed with under cooked boiled rice and a tomato sauce on the side and dessert was sticky toffee pudding that tasted burnt, coffee far too strong. To top things off the fire alarm went off at 7am. Breakfast was nice enough but not what I would call a full Scottish breakfast (no black pudding, potato scones or mushrooms) beans can be ordered but do not come as standard. We got this room slightly discounted because of the function we attended but still didn't fell it wasn't value for money. The bar staff and young servers where always friendly and helpful. Rooms are large and spotlessly clean.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Sadly part of this review is a year late, my husband and I married in the Bentley last February and and then spent our first anniversary there this weekend.
Our wedding was organised by Joy who I can only describe as fantastic she thought of every little thing before the wedding and on the day itself. The value for money the Bentley offers on wedding packages is second to none the variety of menus, decorations and all of the other things that go with a wedding is exceptional. Would highly recommend it.
Having spent our wedding anniversary there this weekend again the staff pulled out all the stops for ourselves and our 10 guests, including a personalised menu to commemorate our first anniversary can't praise the staff enough. Will be back once again. Ross and Tracey were fantastic and attended to our every need.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank melanie e
Reviewed 14 February 2014

Went here on a Tuesday night with my sister. I had a groupon. We had such a lovely meal. We both had prawn cocktail to start. My sister had steak pie and I has sea bass. The meal was delicious, the service was first class. The groupon came with a bottle of wine and even that was very palatable.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Ra B
Reviewed 21 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for one night while on business & found it ok apart from alot of noise in the corridor (2 Police talking to a guest). The room itself was fine & had tv with tea/coffee making facilities.There is wifi aswell which can sometimes be picked up in room.Next morning breakfast was average, friendly reception & waiting staff though.Probably would stay again as was fine for the money £45 for one night B&B.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Motherwell
BEST WESTERN Motherwell Centre Moorings Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Strathclyde Park M74 Jct5
The Alona Hotel
The Alona Hotel
#4 of 9 in Motherwell
Dalziel Park Hotel & Golf Club
Innkeepers Lodge Glasgow, Strathclyde Park
Holiday Inn Express Hamilton

Been to The Bentley Hotel? Share your experiences!