Yet another Work Stay, but because of the location and lack of personal transport, not one I'd have chosen myself though.
It's a vry typical Holiday Inn Express, in a pleasant and, if you do have a car, very convenient location.
However, if you do not have a car it is more than slightly out of the way, especially when you want to do a bit of shopping.
Evening meal, a Tikka Massala, was ok. Very similar to a mid-range supermarket ready meal, nothing special, but at least edible.
Breakfast was the standard HIEx offering of baked beans, mediocre sausages and re-constituted scrambled egg. Edible, filling but..........
A typically comfortable room with a decent bed, nothing special and apart from a couple of issues, pleasant enough, but with one BIG plus. The windows open and allow a decent fresh air circulation, though some might find the permanent whoosh of the adjacent motorway intrusive.
First issue is no bath. My aged bones have reached the point where a long, relaxing bath is becoming essential. a shower just does not do it, though it must be said that the show has a decent flow rate and temperature.
Second issue. The hotel provides a kettle and a TV. For work, I am lumbered with an i-phone and an i-pad and for personal use I have a personal mobile and the laptop I'm using to create this report which, being nearly as decrepit as myself, has a battery life measured in seconds rather than hours.
To power and charge all this, the hotel have thoughtfully provided a munificent total of TWO sockets! One of these is in such a position that it can only be conveniently used to power the TV!!
Speaking of the TV, brings me to my 3rd niggle. I am not a TV watcher, but appreciate how I can listen to Radio 3 using the digital TV system.
EXCEPT in Holiday Inn Expresses which insist on using their own clunky system to operate the TVs and restrict my listening to Radio 1, Radio 4 and a couple of local stations.
To round off though, I can not speak highly enough of the staff. Very helpful and willing to go out of their way to assist.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 120 bedroom Express by Holiday Inn Strathclyde Park M74, JCT.5, is ideal for Corporate and Leisure clients, offering ensuite accommodation including Complimentary Continental Breakfast with selected Hot Items, FREE Car Parking spaces for upto 120 cars. We are on Jct 5 off the M74. The Express By Holiday Inn Strathclyde is located in the Strathclyde Country park with Motherwell Food Park with Companies like Honeywell and TNT close by. Hamilton,Motherwell and Eurocentral are within 5 minutes driving distance from the Hotel. Glasgow Airport is a 25 minute drive and Edinburgh Airport is a 40 minute drive from the Hotel.The Hotel is situated within the complex of attractions, such as Strathclyde Country Park with its Watersports centre, country walks and purpose built M & D's Theme Park (open all year round with FREE entry). Other places of interest are David Livingston Centre, the Time Capsule Leisure Centre and a Golf Course just 1.5 miles away. Glasgow City Centre is just a 25 minutes drive from the Hotel and easily accessible to Gleneagles and St. Andrews Golf Courses . There is a Bar/ Lounge available for resident guests from 11am to 3am daily and 2 Meeting rooms for upto 30 people offering all audio / visual equipment and business facilities. High Speed Internet Access available throughout the Hotel ( FREE in the Lounge Area.) Sorry but we Do Not Accept Pets! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Expedia, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Strathclyde Park M74 Jct5 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Strathclyde Park Hotel Motherwell
- Holiday Inn Express Motherwell
- Holiday Inn Motherwell
- Motherwell Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express Strathclyde Park M74 Jct5 Motherwell, Scotland