Holiday Inn Express Strathclyde Park M74 Jct5
US$109
Travelocity
The Bentley Hotel(Motherwell)
US$101
Premier Inn Glasgow (Motherwell) Hotel(Motherwell)(Great Value!)
US$80
PremierInn.com
US$74
US$62
Priceline
US$111
US$108
All reviewstoby carvery next doorstayed herehot itemsscrambled egg and beansstrathclyde parktoby innusual hiechecked in quicklyhandy locationincluded in the room ratetwin roomtheme parkwould stay againmajor roadworksflat screen tvrooms are cleaneast kilbride
Reviewed 13 March 2014

Friendly welcome from receptionist at check-in and also from staff at breakfast next morning, which was the usual HIE buffet. Staff kept the dining room and buffet area clean and tidy.

Room was clean and comfortable, some motorway noise if window open but didn't prevent either of us sleeping.

Toby Carvery next door "cheap and cheerful", busy (from 6pm) but quietened down after 8pm.

Overall good value stop-over and would use again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank winerunner52
GMStrathclyde, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Strathclyde Park M74 Jct5, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Dear Guest, Thank you for your great feedback. Will share at our team meeting. Looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

The staff couldn't do enough for you ! Good free parking , Room was clean and had everything you need , wifi works all round the hotel ,
The only thing i would say is have your evening meal somewhere else as its very very basic !!! But the breakfast was fine ,,, good value for money ,,,

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank mlsouthport
GMStrathclyde, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Strathclyde Park M74 Jct5, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2014

Dear Gues,

Thank you for your positive responses I will pass this on to my team. Unfortunately as a Limited service hotel we are restricted in the number of items we can put on our menu.

The good news is that we will be revising our menu soon and perhaps you can sample some new dishes on your next stay.

Reviewed 10 February 2014

Needed a hotel for a 1 night stay. hotel position/ location is good, included breakfast is also a plus.
Downside and the reason this hotel would not be my first choice, if staying near again was the noise from the M74, the window seal and catches have both seen better days.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
GMStrathclyde, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Strathclyde Park M74 Jct5, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2014

Dear guest ,

Sorry about the road noise. If you chose to stay again we can arrange a quiet room at the back of the hotel for you where it is much quieter. Please call the hotel direct when you make your booking and we will be delighted to do this for you. Thank you for you nice comments and I will ask my maintenance team to address the window latch
Isabella little.

Reviewed 7 February 2014

Booked at this hotel as the price was good, plus my son was in the Hotel next door:)
Found the Hotel with ease, lots of parking so no problems there.
Went into reception, greeted by a wll manered gent, took my details and gave directions to my room.
The room itself had the usual amenities found in a hotel, TV, Kettle, Free WiFi, shower etc., which suited me.
I went for a little walk before meeting my son for dinner, found an amusement center just along the road which looked supereb for the kids.
Inthe morning went down for my breakfast, all in the price of £45, which I thiught was brilliant.
Overall a good hotel, the staff where nice and pleasant, ideal for the motorway, Hamilton, Tannochside or onward to Glasgow or Edinburgh.

Room Tip: My room faced the car park, but didn't hear any noise at all,
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank kevin o
GMStrathclyde, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Strathclyde Park M74 Jct5, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2014

Kev thanks for your brilliant feedback this is exactly the kind response we would like to receive when we deliver a great experience . I hope you and your family come back and visit when the Park is fully open as we have fantastic ticket package for families over the summer
months.

Kind regards
isabella

Reviewed 4 February 2014 via mobile

I stay in hotels all week, every week for work, and usually stay at Premier Inns or Best Westerns. This week I decided to try Holiday Inn, and I already wish I hadn't... I am here for 5 days, and this is just the first morning. My room is ok, if a little tired in decor and cleanliness. The bed is the most uncomfortable bed I have ever slept in - it feels like I am on a mattress made of jelly. The whole thing moves and wobbles with any movement I make. The shower was VERY low pressure, to the point that I have asked to move rooms as it took so long to wash this morning. Not a good start... The bathroom also has no handle on the inside of the door!! I've never seen anything like it - if you close the bathroom door when inside the bathroom, you will be trapped until the cleaner comes in the next morning. I will upload a photo of this, but very strange. Also the lack of plug sockets is very annoying. I can't understand why more hotels don't put sockets near the bed. Surely everyone these days has a phone they want to plug in? One socket in the whole room is just crazy. I don't want to rant, but the worst, most unforgivable sin, is the breakfast. Sure; the coffee is nice, but there is NO BACON!! Let me say that again. Cooked breakfast, but no bacon. I can't understand it, and there were other guests annoyed at this too. I ended up having a few average tasting sausages and some horrible scrambled eggs. They weren't even able to offer poached or fried eggs. I am here for another 4 mornings and I am dreading breakfast for the rest of the week. The guy on the front desk was quite helpful, but overall, I won't be coming back.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Hotelman81

Dear guest,

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to discuss and rectify the issues you highlighted at the beginning of your stay. I trust you were completely satisfied with the changes we made and the remainder of your was a comfortable one.

Kind Regards